Buying/ getting nVidia Shield TV 2019 to India

i want to order Nvidia shield pro from amazon.com and get it shipped to friend in new jersey, is it possible to use indian credit card on amazon USA site for this purpose ?

I tried using my Debit card from India, most of the online US stores don't accept international cards. I ended up ordering from newegg( out of stock in Amazon when I ordered) which added state tax, using Paypal for ordering, it came to 16.9k INR.
Alternatively you can ask your friend to order and pay him once he is here :).

ps. I heard bhphotovideo doesn't add state tax(never tried myself) , try your luck there.
Other online stores that have nvidia shield pro https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shop/ -> Buy from partners

Yes you can first add the CC details to your amazon.com account and pay it using the same. I would suggest to choose the currency as USD to pay rather than INR.

I tried using my Debit card from India, most of the online US stores don't accept international cards. I ended up ordering from newegg( out of stock in Amazon when I ordered) which added state tax, using Paypal for ordering, it came to 16.9k INR.
Alternatively you can ask your friend to order and pay him once he is here :).

ps. I heard bhphotovideo doesn't add state tax(never tried myself) , try your luck there.
Other online stores that have nvidia shield pro https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/shop/ -> Buy from partners
I think credit cards will work in amazon.com. I once placed the order and it was accepted but money wasn’t debited. Later I cancelled the order as my friends parents were returning from us and he sent one along with them

Indian credit cards work fine on Amazon.com
I use mine all the time.

It's the same card that i have saved in my Amazon India account. It shows up when I log onto amazon.com using my India credentials.

May be the problem is with Debit cards with international transactions enabled. I tried without luck over past few years in staples.com, amazon.com ,bestbuy.com and newegg.com . I dont have the failure messages from all those but the recent one.

Mail from newegg
Thank you for shopping at Newegg!

Your order ( Sales Order Number: xxxx) cannot be processed at this time due to an international credit card being used. All orders must have a verifiable billing address and issued by a local or national bank.

Don't worry! We will hold your order for three (3) business days of the original order date to give you enough time to provide an alternate credit/debit card.

Please note that your shipment will be processed once your alternate credit/debit card passes verification. Your order will automatically cancel if verification is not completed within three (3) business days of the original order date.

Newegg has a rule that the shipment address has to match with the PayPal default address if using PayPal CC method for payment. So if you use Indian CC I think they validate the information to avoid fraud as they experienced couple of years back as per the reviews. So they stopped accepting international CC for payments.

You can use an indian card but the exchange rate applied will be 2 to 4 rupees higher than the rates prevailing (USD to INR)
Better to reimburse your friend at the official exchange rate.

Amazon.com is charging Rs. 23.5k for orders on nvidia shield tv pro (1 USD = 75.6 INR conversion). Will be delivered in Jan 1st week
How much is the cost on newegg and when will it be delivered ?

Are you guys adding custom duties which you'll have to pay to Indian customs deptt? The cost increases manifold upon adding duties.

Indian Credit cards on amazon US works like a charm. Me too used it several time to get the goods delivered to Australia, US etc.

Is there anyway to avoid duties? What if someone's friend from US buys it and ships it to India and shows it as a gift. Would there still be any custom duties?

Last edited:
If ordering via Amazon.com site and delivered by Amazon to India then all the custom and shipping charges are charged upfront by amazon. On top of that if the collected custom duties are in excess what is actually charged at the time of clearance, Amazon does will refund you :)

On a side note, why not get the ATV4K instead - will probably end up costing less, will come with local warranty and will do most of what the shield does + some more

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back