Buying HT for my living room in my new flat

Rakesh Jha

We have a Sony LED 40 inch, TATA sky DTH, Xbox and DVD player. For setting up 5.1 HT in the room (13 ft by 23 ft) we are looking at Onkyo TX NR 525 with Jamo A200 speakers or Q Acoustic Q7000 speakers. Of course Bose is an option too, but having seen all the threads have decided not to proceed. Though was wondering if Bose speakers with Onkyo receiver could also be an option. Budget is around Rs. 100,000. Thanks for the advice in anticipation.

Like you I was also biased by opinions of many Bose haters on the forum.
But recently when I purchased their product Soundlink Mini Bluetooth speakers, I had a chance to listen to their other range of products. In my honest opinion, Bose products are definitely much ahead of all others, whatever the Bose haters may say(Most of them without listening Bose). As it is other foreign brands are equally robbing us.

Please dont get biased by what others say. Listen to all products and decide yourself.

If you are going for Bose then following 5.1 speakers are there
1> Acoustimass 6 Series III Home Entertainment Speaker System costing 40,000/-
OR
2> Acoustimass 15 Series III Home Entertainment Speaker System costing Rs.63000/-

You can have AVR of either Yamah or Marantz costing around Rs.40,000/-
which will fit into your budget.

If you are intersted in other brands, then please listen to JBL speakers with Harman Kardon AVR.

I aint offending this.
However personally I feel that BOSE doesn't stand up in the real audio & I always audition every BOSE item possible. To my feel, they just do a concept selling but lagging in losing the reality.

They do a cosmetics to the natural sound & of course I do stay away for this single reason.

If you could audition any B&W series with just any AVR then you might change your view. Those B&W cubes never does any cosmetics to the sound rather throws the original sound in which it's recorded/

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back