Buying LED from USA

coolcatric

Hi Guys,

Need some information, I am planning to buy a 42-46 LED from USA. This is what i am planning to do -

1. Buy 42"-46" LED from EBAY
2. Will try to keep the deal under 35k, as limit is 35k if i am not wrong ( i am open for refurbished / used)
3. Ask my friend (one who's traveling from US to India) to claim this under oversized baggage.
4. Put a "fragile" sticker on LED box
5. Almost all LED are Global ready & they run both 110V & 240V. Need inputs here
6. No idea on how to convert NTSC to PAL. (will use this LED for X-BOX[PAL] and Movies[.mkv] via USB)

Apart from the above, need your help on finding a good deal. You guys are local there, so need your help.

Bigger the size, lighter the weight, the better it is

Thanks in advance.

2. Will try to keep the deal under 35k, as limit is 35k if i am not wrong ( i am open for refurbished / used)

Customs will not agree for a used/ refurbished Item and will value the TV as per their norms if the pricing is low.

5. Almost all LED are Global ready & they run both 110V & 240V. Need inputs here

6. No idea on how to convert NTSC to PAL. (will use this LED for X-BOX[PAL] and Movies[.mkv] via USB)

Not true. Most TVs in US are 110 V and need an NTSC to PAL converter - which can be procured from US itself. You can get the step down transformer in India for around 4 K

I feel the NTSC to PAL converter is a MAJOR concern / bottleneck.... could render yr TV Useless in India :-(

I presume the TV is HD.

Is the Converter also HD ? Will it upsample ?

I would steer clear of US TV even though their price is Fantastic.

Just my 2 cents ..

Its better to buy it from stop over places like HK .

tvs sold in the US only work in 110v and NTSC.

Back