Buying Logitech Squeezebox touch in india

whatzisnem

Hi all ! Anyone one have idea where the Logitech Squeezebox Touch can be sourced in India ( grey mkt or otherwise)and the approximate prices ? ? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Logitech Squeezebox Touch (UK) #930-000089 - eXpansys India

Has any forum member bought something from here? I was looking for someone selling the Squeezebox Touch in India, and came across this site. Price seems to be reasonable, and their is a discount on a bulk order of 5 units. I would appreciate if somebody investigates this further. If every thing is above board, I'm sure it would be possible to find 5 members to give a joint order and avail a further discount. I would be willing to buy the SB Touch, immediately.

My wife listens to music on an SB Boom, but I would like to buy another SB which can be connected to my Bryston pre amp.

Does the SB duet have stereo rca outputs? I would like to use my Transparent Audio interconnects to connect the SB to the preamp.

Is the 24 bit DAC similar to the one on the Touch model?

Is their any difference in the SQ between the Duet and the Touch?

Do anybody know of any site selling the Duet in India?

I presume the Duet would be 10K, and the Touch 20K. Is it worth spending that extra cash on the Touch?

How would the dac on the iPod Classic, compare with the dac on the Duet or Touch?

ajay...

1. No idea about expansys.

2. The Duet 'receiver' module has stereo RCA out.

3. I don't know the details, but the DAC in the touch is not the same as the duet receiver. The Touch is said to give better sound quality.

Does the SB duet have stereo rca outputs? I would like to use my Transparent Audio interconnects to connect the SB to the preamp.

Yes, the Duet does.

Is the 24 bit DAC similar to the one on the Touch model?

Similar, yes. Identical, no. The Touch, being newer, has a better DAC.

Is their any difference in the SQ between the Duet and the Touch?

I'm sure there is but I'm also sure it will be negligible.

Is it worth spending that extra cash on the Touch?

Yes!

How would the dac on the iPod Classic, compare with the dac on the Duet or Touch?

The Duet/Touch are entry level audiophile grade products running the Wolfson chip. The iPod is a convenience. No comparison.

A couple of days ago I tried to order a Squeezebox Touch through the Amazon UK and US sites. Came up against the disclaimer that 'we do not ship to this address.' Today I loaded it into my shipping cart and proceeded to check out and viola! The order was accepted and the 'Touch' will soon be touching down :)
Order placed with Amazon US. Sold by Amazon Export Sales Inc.
Cost breakdown:
275.644 $ (price)
21.95 $ (expedited shipping)
46.69 $ (import fee)
344.28 $ (total)
Delivery July 8-20.

Good luck Ajay, I dont think you will regret it for a moment. These gizmos open up a whole new dimension to listening. Coincidentally my Touch will also be coming in around July7-8th.

Congrats to those who have received their SB Touch :). Can you please post your impressions on the SQ of the Touch? How does it sound through the internal DAC and through external DAC via optical out? Did anyone try playing high-res files through it?

I am planning to get a SB Touch soon, so am really interested to know what other fellow members here have to say.

Thanks!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back