Buying one 42 inch Plasma - Before its END OF WORLD for Plasmas

Nishabfss

Hi guys,

What is the best plasma available at this point in 42 inch size.

I assume ST60/50 aint available anymore so Samsung & Panasonic are the contenders.

With Samsung planning an exist as well, I guess time to buy one before its Adieu to the Plasma category.

No Idea about Plasma. I can help you with a LED TV for 40 to 42 inch. I recently bought Sony 9 series. very premium, but awesom!

It bums me out so much that Plasmas will be going extinct soon. I love my Panny 42 incher and I cant even imagine having to replace it with an LED. :(

It bums me out so much that Plasmas will be going extinct soon. I love my Panny 42 incher and I cant even imagine having to replace it with an LED. :(

Please suggest an alternative Plasma. Can I find Panasonic plasma anywhere in NCR? I would prefer ST series as it got for filter for glare reduction.

Off-course only if I succeed in selling my LED first.

No Idea about Plasma. I can help you with a LED TV for 40 to 42 inch. I recently bought Sony 9 series. very premium, but awesom!

pl. let me know the model number and price, since i have an idea to upgrade to 55 inch sony tv.

cheers,

True that. Beats me too!!

I find Plasma picture as close to the real thing as it can get. I can't even stand the picture on LED because it is so unnatural.

Don't go for Panasonic plasma. But if you want to take chances, here are few :

Panasonic 50ST30D

Panasonic 42ST30D

Panasonic 42ST30D
/URL]

Thanks buddy. A real handy work done by you for us.

However, while St30 has got the filter it is too dull. Brightness is really low.

Samsung is also exiting the business. Damn, their Plasma with reflection reduction filter only come in 64 inches size.

Wish they had offered same filter in 5500 series as well.

BTW saw LG Plasma today...Apart from reflection issue it beats all LED's around. Jesus...I need a Plasma.

So I guess a plasma cannot be watched with curtains pulled back in daytime?
I am in the market for a new TV and perhaps I should get a plasma instead?

How much is that Sammy 64" BTW?

Though Plasma would look their best in darker environs, it is not necessary to draw in curtains during daytime to view plasma displays. Unless there is a light source and/or window bang opposite the display panel which would be reflected back and would interfere in viewing TV's content, you are definitely better off going in for Plasma display panel.

How much is that Sammy 64" BTW?

With open curtains you can't even watch led tv. When it is exact opp to windows.

Again moving to plasma display when it is dying , may not be a wise decision.How long Samsung continue in plasma tech, nobody knows.

Last edited:
So how will a 3 year warranty be fulfilled if plasmas are going out of production this year?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back