Buying TVs from Thailand/Malaysia

nitin88g

Hi,

I am planning for trip to visit Malaysia and Bangkok on this year-end [holidays time].
Most probably I will be going there with my friends and planning to purchase TVs.

I heard lot of pros and cons and lots of the posts are contradicting to each other.
So I would like to hear fresh suggestions based on revised import duties.

What I am looking for:
1. definitely, cheap price for the best model [price+import duties < Indian price]
2. I will be getting a latest LED tv with at-least 42" size
3. International/Indian warranty

Since this is my trip and along with trip, am looking for something to get cheaper, so please suggest me as I have now time to plan for Buying/Making good deal.

Note that for TVs, you will have to pay 36.05% duty at the value assessed by the customs officer (he may decide not to believe your price, if he feels the price is undervalued). Secondly, there is no such thing as international warranty. It is not worth the paper it is printed on.

However, the TV may still work out cheaper. So it will be an informed decision.

Note that for TVs, you will have to pay 36.05% duty at the value assessed by the customs officer (he may decide not to believe your price, if he feels the price is undervalued). Secondly, there is no such thing as international warranty. It is not worth the paper it is printed on.

However, the TV may still work out cheaper. So it will be an informed decision.

But If there's something called International Warranty, can't I get replacement for any faulty things in different country? At-least, it worked for Laptops with such thing, replaced laptop-peripheral in different country during warranty period.

next thing, It's same, I would like to know where to get such cheap price/best deal with trusted resources. I am sure there are lot of Indians who bought and Lot of thai people, who are members here.

Forget it- Chidamabaram killed this option in Aug 2013 by imposing duty on all TVs with out considering duty free allowance

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back