C-Lite screen added to my mini theater

diplomat

Finally with help of one of our esteemed FM, I could able to get my hand on C-Lite screen from CineUdyog - Delhi delivered through courier shortly. Myself along with my brother have gone for two screens at the same time. I got one in 10x6 ft with black border map type and he had 11 x 9 ft screen alone for fixed type mounting.
screen 1.jpg
The fixed screen at my Brother's dedicated HT room

P1010328.jpg
Removable screen at my mini theater, where I need to remove everything each time, being bed room. The screen has provision to insert pipes on top and bottom, which suppose to make the screen more stretch and elegant. I will be shortly putting those end pipes and mount on top, so that screen can be rolled up after usage each time.

Here are some pictures from ACER K130, projected on the new screen.

P1010345.jpg

P1010352.jpg

P1010342.jpg

I found the screen to be non-reflective type with much better contrast and black level, as compared to picture on wall or blackout cloth. The screen looks to be PVC coated cloth with black on backside and very heavy to handle. The surface has inherent tiny honeycomb patterns and bit different from what we generally use in office for PPT. The border adds to the look of screen, when installed.
The images are certainly much brighter with better contrast on this screen as compared to earlier, where the low lumens disadvantage of LED PJ has certainly been compensated to great extent.
I will get some images from my brother soon to upload here(who owns BENQ 720P bulb PJ) to share performance of such economical screen on high lumens projection.
Hope this short review of mine, will find some solution for certain segment of members owning LED PJ and looking for cheaper options on screen.

Congratulations to you and your brother.

Who fixed the screens? The screen in your bro's place, seems to have some waves/wrinkles and not stretched enough.

Picture Quality is very good.

Congratulations on your purchase diplomat. How much did you pay for the screens, esp. The map one?

Congratulations to you and your brother.

Who fixed the screens? The screen in your bro's place, seems to have some waves/wrinkles and not stretched enough.

Picture Quality is very good.
it was stretched to the extent possible by using hydraulic pullers or sort of such thing by the carpenter. Anyway, as the wrinkles are mostly not in the projected area, the screen was left with the fear of getting torn due to additional pulling. As confirmed by my brother, it is mounted on metallic frame at the rear with glue all around, because the screen is too heavy to handle on wooden frame. Still the guys did very good job, though they took 5 hrs to set this screen.

Congratulations on your purchase diplomat. How much did you pay for the screens, esp. The map one?
the total deal was of 6200/- inclusive of shipping to two different parts of india, through different courier. The difference between the two is bigger size in one case and the black border in other one. You can proportionate accordingly. I think rate per sqft will be 30/- plus tax and then extra for border and shipping.
The guys at Cineudyog are very co-operative and too fast in processing the order.

the total deal was of 6200/- inclusive of shipping to two different parts of india, through different courier. The difference between the two is bigger size in one case and the black border in other one. You can proportionate accordingly. I think rate per sqft will be 30/- plus tax and then extra for border and shipping.
The guys at Cineudyog are very co-operative and too fast in processing the order.

Thanks Diplomat,

Just spoke to Rajendra from Cineudyog and for fixed screen per sqft rate is 35Rs.So for a 10X6 screen it comes to 2100 and additional 12.5% for tax so 2300 odd and 300rs for courier charges to Chennai.

How much did your brother spent on the frames and carpenter labour? and will regular carpentar's be able to do this or do we need specialized one's?

Narenkum,

Let me know if u ordering.. I will also get a piece. I am looking for 10*6. Lets disuss and order. Let me know if this is fine.

Narenkum,

Let me know if u ordering.. I will also get a piece. I am looking for 10*6. Lets disuss and order. Let me know if this is fine.

Sure Sribuddy we can discuss.

I am just waiting for my questions to be answered by diplomat and based on that will decide to order or not.

Dear Naren,
The carpenter took 3K in total including supply of metallic frame material, glue etc etc. PL ensure that you get a puller to stretch the screen during installation. Take care not to pull too much, to avoid damaging the screen.
You both ordering at same time will certainly have advantage of shipping, try to get it in one consignment if you both stay nearer at chennai..
all the best..pl share ur feedback too

Diplomat,

No I am yet to order them.

Most likely will be going for a 120" screen with the current setup so likely to order a instalock screen for now. As my wife is worried about our 2 year old son doing some damage to the fixed screen.

ur correct, thats good for you
son will have inherent tendency to touch the surface due to bright appearance..

Narenkum,

Are you specific about 120' screen. I have a 106 inch liberty grandview purchased a year back in chennai. Would u be interested...

Im moving towards a fixed screen, im waiting to check how to build that and what material to use.

thanks.

Narenkum,

Are you specific about 120' screen. I have a 106 inch liberty grandview purchased a year back in chennai. Would u be interested...

Im moving towards a fixed screen, im waiting to check how to build that and what material to use.

thanks.

Sribuddy,

Hmm actually I wanted to go for a 150" screen but due to projector placing limitations have to settle for 120" now.

What is the approximate cost and whether it is 16:9?

I also do not understand the huge price difference between a 4:3 and 16:9 120" screen:mad:, I am getting a quote of less than 5K for a 120" 4:3 screen while the minumum quote I got for a 120" 16:9 screen was 12K.

Narenkum,
Ok. thats ok then. Mostly people want max screen for enjoyment. seems its not so diff with you.:D

Mine is 16:9 priced around 8.5k. Yes, diff between 4:3 to 16:9 is very relevant. moreover, prices have gone up in recent times.

My pull down is extending to the door, so i cannot open the door while watching movie. so wanted to have a permanent screen with back lit LED to add some glamour to the room when kids are watching. I dont have a dedicated room. so trying to simplify things a little bit.:eek:hyeah:

4:3 screens have more customers like school, college and even offices. its likely to have lesser cost as compared to 16:9 which is very specific to movie watching targeting premium segment.
look for delta peripheral at chennai also to get bigger 4:3 screen, fold it upto 16:9 format and use it. I feel its not bad option keeping the cost factor in mind.

Please tell me the exact name of your screen. Cine Udyog website does not have any screen listed under the name C-Lite. Since I am planning to buy a screen, your advice would be very helpful. Thanks in advance

there is no such trademark name on screen supplied by them, I was also not inclined too much on brand. I have simply used the name what they have referred during negotiation and even through mail. You can simply freeze on your size and type, the talk to them over phone to confirm the price with shipping. As long as it performs for the intended purpose and comes within budget, I don't think any thing else matters.
The complete address is already posted and you may refer that.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back