Cables for Biwiring-simple wish

dheerajin

Hi FMs,

I want to Bi-wire my speakers. Please suggest some descent cables withIN 5000INR.
Please be aware that...this thread is not a place for war of words.
I am specifying some points here-
1.Biwiring is not debatable here as most of the speaker designers believe in it.
2. I am a non- cable believer. Only thing I believe that with higher price of the cable one's ears tries to extract more details.
3.I want some descent cables which have enough wires and gauge as per audio standards

In this forum I have read in many threads about chord silver screen cable. If you think this chord cable is sufficient for biwiring then I would go for the same(Please suggest from where to get them in Pune). But I want some suggestion in view of biwiring experience with some reasonably priced cable.

Thanks
Dheeraj

Last edited:
Hi FMs,

2. I am a non- cable believer. Only thing I believe that with higher price of the cable one's ears tries to extract more details.

If you simply deny to believe that's your choice. Once I was on same boat like you, but my experience totally changed after using some speaker cables like Chord's Carnival SilverScreen, Blue jeans, Signal Silver reference and finally Anticable Ref.3.1. Quite spectacular change in sound quality was felt especially for last 2 items and that drive me crazy to switch my IC also. However it is my very personal opinion based on reality. I do not expect everyone to believe it, but once as a user of finolex (2.5 sq.mm electrical wire as a speaker cable) I never want to go back to that.

Last edited:
1.Biwiring is not debatable here as most of the speaker designers believe in it.

Your two points are in conflict with each other. You believe what the some designers believe (bi-wiring) but don't believe what other designers believe (effects of speaker cables)!

I also don't want to start a debate here but my perception was that designers provide multiple speaker cable binding posts with jumpers so as to permit bi-amping or maybe for market's demands. I did not know that they did so because of their belief in bi-wiring.

I like the speaker cables from Supra and DAC. Both are good value for money. Your signature (Foobar(Wasapi)->Supra USB Cable->Schiit Gungnir(DAC)->Van Den Hul IC-> Integrated NAD 375BEE Amp->Supra Quadra speaker cable-> PSB Synchrony Two Floorstanders) shows that you do believe in cables and so I suggest opting for Supra itself since you have already used them.

Just one suggestion - If you are opting for biwiring come what may, then use the same kind and length of wire for all the speaker connections.

Last edited:
Your two points are in conflict with each other. You believe what the some designers believe (bi-wiring) but don't believe what other designers believe (effects of speaker cables)!

I also don't want to start a debate here but my perception was that designers provide multiple speaker cable binding posts with jumpers so as to permit bi-amping or maybe for market's demands. I did not know that they did so because of their belief in bi-wiring.

I like the speaker cables from Supra and DAC. Both are good value for money. Your signature (Foobar(Wasapi)->Supra USB Cable->Schiit Gungnir(DAC)->Van Den Hul IC-> Integrated NAD 375BEE Amp->Supra Quadra speaker cable-> PSB Synchrony Two Floorstanders) shows that you do believe in cables and so I suggest opting for Supra itself since you have already used them.

Just one suggestion - If you are opting for biwiring come what may, then use the same kind and length of wire for all the speaker connections.

Mr Shivam,
Please read the post - http://www.hifivision.com/audio-video-cables/615-bi-wiring-4.html
Exactly..I dont want to get believers and non believers to get into debate in this topic...and I am believer...so no confusion here and I dont want to confront the Non believers , so there is no contradiction..
Whatever wires I have...is sold to me when I started journey in this field..and believing everything is being said by front persons is true and actually it was snake oil...
and you suggested supra and I am quiet happy with this cable since the beginning and one day when one of my friend loaned me 1000 Rs cable to test and I was amazed that their is no change in SQ compared to my expensive Supra cable. Afterwards..wherever I searched on the net..all acclaimed audio designers were uttering only one word -SNAKE OIL .
and today I did the bi-wiring and found amazing changes in SQ, Midrange became lustrous and sound-stage became wide..and many thing to tell .. because my amp is not high current amp..and if it would have been high current amp..then no need to do the bi-wiring...it is my observation only..not a statement..

and your suggestions are right and it stems from your experience i know so I am finding someone who has DAC cable..

Last edited:
If you simply deny to believe that's your choice. Once I was on same boat like you, but my experience totally changed after using some speaker cables like Chord's Carnival SilverScreen, Blue jeans, Signal Silver reference and finally Anticable Ref.3.1. Quite spectacular change in sound quality was felt especially for last 2 items and that drive me crazy to switch my IC also. However it is my very personal opinion based on reality. I do not expect everyone to believe it, but once as a user of finolex (2.5 sq.mm electrical wire as a speaker cable) I never want to go back to that.
Srisaikat,

I have read your cable switching experience post carefully and I have ordered DAC interconnect. May be you are right that later I may join the cable bandwagon but today I dont find any scientific explanation to support the same. And as I said clearly that as per forum's benchmark cable(due to most discussed and appraised cable), should I go for chord silver screen. That means I am going by the public vote thats all . No favor to any one's claimed cable. and I dont want the 10000USD cable to get the change in the SQ, rather I will buy another house with dedicated listening room with same set-up what I have today. Thats my way of thinking so while opening the thread I have put my reservations bluntly .

Thanks and I am ordering silver screen tomorrow and also buy finolex to compare the sound.

Cheers

Dheeraj

Srisaikat,

I have read your cable switching experience post carefully and I have ordered DAC interconnect. May be you are right that later I may join the cable bandwagon but today I dont find any scientific explanation to support the same. And as I said clearly that as per forum's benchmark cable(due to most discussed and appraised cable), should I go for chord silver screen. That means I am going by the public vote thats all . No favor to any one's claimed cable. and I dont want the 10000USD cable to get the change in the SQ, rather I will buy another house with dedicated listening room with same set-up what I have today. Thats my way of thinking so while opening the thread I have put my reservations bluntly .

Thanks and I am ordering silver screen tomorrow and also buy finolex to compare the sound.

Cheers

Dheeraj

Dheeraj,

You have said something remarkably correct here. That too being relatively new to this hobby (apparently, I might be mistaken). A lot of people don't realize when they lose the grip on the ratio of investment/return on hifi accessories. They get into a psychological race which turns them into gear head. This transition often happens without their knowledge. They are often found upgrading miscellaneous accessories without paying due attention to the big Ys of their system. Like you said, it makes much more sense to invest and improve in room acoustics than spend US five figure on cables/ICs.

But this is big world and there is room for diversity here. I am not at all surprised to see people jumping at you with their assumptions and conclusions despite a very clear disclaimer by you in the original post.

Well, this is thread about "cables". What else do you expect :lol:

Isnt 6mm sq a bit too much?

On the face of it, yes, but it seems to work well in my system comprising Musical Fidelity Superchargers driving Magnepan speakers. I have tried various entry to mid level offerings from VDH, Audioquest, MIT, Kimber etc and found the 6 mm sq wire to offer great value for money in comparison.

Cheers

Dheeraj,

You have said something remarkably correct here. That too being relatively new to this hobby (apparently, I might be mistaken). A lot of people don't realize when they lose the grip on the ratio of investment/return on hifi accessories. They get into a psychological race which turns them into gear head. This transition often happens without their knowledge. They are often found upgrading miscellaneous accessories without paying due attention to the big Ys of their system. Like you said, it makes much more sense to invest and improve in room acoustics than spend US five figure on cables/ICs.

But this is big world and there is room for diversity here. I am not at all surprised to see people jumping at you with their assumptions and conclusions despite a very clear disclaimer by you in the original post.

Well, this is thread about "cables". What else do you expect :lol:

Haha Ranjeetrain...and I am pretty excited about cables now..
One of the posts in the cables section it is written that bare is better..so I ventured for it directly to nudist beach from Bayatch..
I stripped all Banana plugs..took out wires and fitted directly to the speaker and amps post..and to my surprise..the dynamicity increased..means you dont have to imagine anything since you are not on Baywatch,(Its that Beach:licklips:)

I went to the nearby electrical shop for Finolex cable...it was not having any but told me he has one imported cable..which local sound system(PA) uses them. I bought it for 20 Rs per meter some Taiwanies cable(OFC sound grade cable-Mentioned) and Bought at 320 Rs total. And without any banana plugs I biwired them and again, one more surprise, there was no change in SQ. Means this 320 Rs cable is defeating my 25K INR cable..I was victim of snake oil before..so I thought to give this experiment a new dimension..so I am waiting for some more cables to come..
I dont want to make mockery of others but my observation is if any one find the difference in sound in the cables of same gauge,its because of connector's metal not because of cable..
so better to go for bare wire ends..
and one more thing ..where is this ultrasonic superman..i think everyone is eager to hear his footsteps..

Thanks
Dheeraj

Last edited:
On the face of it, yes, but it seems to work well in my system comprising Musical Fidelity Superchargers driving Magnepan speakers. I have tried various entry to mid level offerings from VDH, Audioquest, MIT, Kimber etc and found the 6 mm sq wire to offer great value for money in comparison.

Cheers

Man..path breaking approach..hats off to you..
my 2 cents..
discussed offline with the electrical engineers...they told me highest conductivity among all the cables -grounding or earthing cables which are connected to lightening arrestor...
may be one day I will start the audiophile cable industry based on this earthing principal. :)

Cheers

Dheeraj

Means this 320 Rs cable is defeating my 25K INR cable..I was victim of snake oil before..
Thanks
Dheeraj

Sir,
Is it possible that your accompanying electronics do not allow you to hear the difference between a Rs 320 cable and a 25 K cable? Just a thought.
Maybe the same cable changeout would be more readily apparent in a more revealing system? ;)

Sir,
Is it possible that your accompanying electronics do not allow you to hear the difference between a Rs 320 cable and a 25 K cable? Just a thought.
Maybe the same cable changeout would be more readily apparent in a more revealing system? ;)

Yes You may be also right..I am stating my observations on my system not others...so it is only my experiments on my system..
Have I said that it is applicable to all..
Please read the disclaimers in first post..;)

cheers

Dheeraj

Yes You may be also right..I am stating my observations on my system not others...so it is only my experiments on my system..
Have I said that it is applicable to all..
Please read the disclaimers in first post..;)

cheers

Dheeraj

Sir, you said the 25k cable is snake oil......that is a general statement, wouldn't you agree? If it's only applicable to your system then I am assuming that you will be the best judge, and no outside input would help much. If you are saying that Finolex beats the likes of VDH, that's a general statement there bro, again no offence, just an observation.

Sir, you said the 25k cable is snake oil......that is a general statement, wouldn't you agree? If it's only applicable to your system then I am assuming that you will be the best judge, and no outside input would help much. If you are saying that Finolex beats the likes of VDH, that's a general statement there bro, again no offence, just an observation.

where I said VDH has been beaten by Finolex...I haven't bought it yet..

as i clearly mentioned in first post ..this place is not war of words..
I have asked suggestion for cables and I am stating my experience..
so Please read the first post..and do not start any debate here...
Because , I am saying based on my experience and I may be wrong too..
You are generalizing..things not me...without having listening to my system...
so no posts here without any suggestion for cables or without any scientific proof..pls i am reiterating this..
I am extremely sorry for my sharp words..but dont want this thread to go south..

Ranjeetrain..you were absolutely right..

Cheers

Dheeraj

Last edited:
Dheeraj, Thank you for your personal invitation to contribute to the thread, even though you may be aware that I have some strong feelings on cable-associated subjects.

As I indicated to you, I actually don't have any strong feelings about bi-wiring: once I did it, then again I didn't do it. No great results with the change either way. So I can't recommend.

That it was no great shakes for me doesn't mean it doesn't work out for you. I suspect that it is very system dependent.

Bi-amping, now, would be another trip entirely --- but I could never afford that many amplifiers :)

Dheeraj, Thank you for your personal invitation to contribute to the thread, even though you may be aware that I have some strong feelings on cable-associated subjects.

As I indicated to you, I actually don't have any strong feelings about bi-wiring: once I did it, then again I didn't do it. No great results with the change either way. So I can't recommend.

That it was no great shakes for me doesn't mean it doesn't work out for you. I suspect that it is very system dependent.

Bi-amping, now, would be another trip entirely --- but I could never afford that many amplifiers :)

Yes Thad...as per my readings on the net, Bi-amping is another trip.
Bi-amping basically increases in the current outpout per channnel without compromising or deterioration of power in other channel. When you have limited resource and amplifier is not a high current amplifier, then Bi-wiring brings some fruitful results to it and again if your amp is of higher current then Bi-wiring would bring negligible difference .
So i am not in a state to afford two mono blocks so I have to graze inside my boundary..

That is my observation till date and it is not a statement ..and YMMV.

Cheers

Dheeraj

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back