cables for the following setting?

bikram_singh

Hi,

After many reading many threads and some engaging discussion I've bought the following items for my dedicated home-theater. But HT is not complete unless they are connected for which I will need good-quality cables. Please suggest which one to go for and also how to connect speakers with AVR. This is my first pro-system so I am not sure how to hook them up, and if I am not wrong one cannot play any sound on speaker without AVR, isnt it?

Speakers
Polk Audio TSx 440T Tower Speaker
Polk Audio DSW PRO550 Wi 10-Inch High Performance Subwoofer
Polk Audio TSX 250C Centre Channel Speaker
Polk Audio TSx 110B Bookshelf Speaker

AVR
Denon AVR-X2000 Integrated Network AV Receiver

Projector: EPSON EH-TW6100

Go with 14 guage speaker wire-

Follow the setup menu on the Denon receiver- It gives you step by step instructions on how to hook up the receiver and speakers

Go with 14 guage speaker wire-

Follow the setup menu on the Denon receiver- It gives you step by step instructions on how to hook up the receiver and speakers

is 14 guage alright, or should I go with 12 or 10? I do not want to waste money, but then I also do not want to have under-performing cable. Any suggestion on which one to go for?

14 gauge is fine. If the cable run is long, say 35 ft then 14 gauge will still work. If you want to be sure, then go with 12 gauge. But its not necessary.

In my current setup with Onkyo speakers I was using the wires which came packaged with the box, but that was a different story. And after that I changed all the wires to 14 gauge OFC speaker wire bought from MX Electronics and everything has changed since then. These are not that expensive and its build quality is great. A total value for money.

I bought them from the distributor here in Bangalore for a pretty good discount. I bet you can find one in your city too...

Now, I'm planning on upgrading my Satellites to larger speaker. So decided to go with Polk Audio RTiA3 as fronts and CSiA6 as the center.

Link for the wires if you need them.

MX MDR ELECTRONICS & MX ELECTRONICS & HDMI & CCTV CAMERA & DVR & SDI ACCESSORIES & VGA ; DVI & APPLE ACCESSORIES & CABLES & CONNECTORS & HOME THEATER CABLES & PRO-AUDIO / STUDIO ACCESSORIES & FIBER OPTICS & CABLE MANAGEMENT & CABLE ORGANISER & VIDEO
890-1.jpg

I think if I calculate total length, cable run will be over 35 feet. I think I should go with 12 guage one.

Any idea which brand should I buy or any brand is as good as any other?

For Towers and Centre speaker do not go with bundled cables. Go for company terminated one's.

For surrounds bundled cables which will run in metres is more than sufficient.

For projector no need of going expensive ones(HDMI) and the cables which were sold in ebay india will do the required magic.

For Towers and Centre speaker do not go with bundled cables. Go for company terminated one's.

For projector no need of going expensive ones(HDMI) and the cables which were sold in ebay india will do the required magic.

Thanks for the suggestion. Could you please explain what company terminated one's" mean? I am first time into all this, so I am not sure what it means.

I bet you will be happy with "Audio Art cables" for Home theatre and Stereo use. One time investment for life time use. It is available in India too sold by an banglore dealer who is also our forum member.

Audio Art Cable SC 5 Speaker Cable Banana 10ft | eBay

Regards

Thanks for the link, but I am afraid it is way too expensive for my budget. I am almost certain (it could be because of my lack of knowledge of the things) I can get a cheaper cable to produce comparable sound.

Take a look at
Audioquest 14 guage FLX 14/2 (DB)
Profigold 12 guage PGC7254

14 gauge is fine. If the cable run is long, say 35 ft then 14 gauge will still work. If you want to be sure, then go with 12 gauge. But its not necessary.

In my current setup with Onkyo speakers I was using the wires which came packaged with the box, but that was a different story. And after that I changed all the wires to 14 gauge OFC speaker wire bought from MX Electronics and everything has changed since then. These are not that expensive and its build quality is great. A total value for money.

I bought them from the distributor here in Bangalore for a pretty good discount. I bet you can find one in your city too...

Now, I'm planning on upgrading my Satellites to larger speaker. So decided to go with Polk Audio RTiA3 as fronts and CSiA6 as the center.

Link for the wires if you need them.

MX MDR ELECTRONICS & MX ELECTRONICS & HDMI & CCTV CAMERA & DVR & SDI ACCESSORIES & VGA ; DVI & APPLE ACCESSORIES & CABLES & CONNECTORS & HOME THEATER CABLES & PRO-AUDIO / STUDIO ACCESSORIES & FIBER OPTICS & CABLE MANAGEMENT & CABLE ORGANISER & VIDEO
890-1.jpg

Is this a good cable?

DAC SPK12 AWG OFC Dual Speaker Cable

Monoprice cables are good and no doubt indian cables ( imported from china:eek:hyeah:) are priced more.:rolleyes:

I don't suggest to go more than Rs.50 to 60 per metre for surrounds.

And what about left, right, and center channels and sub? Which cable should I use for that?

And what about left, right, and center channels and sub? Which cable should I use for that?

Well, other than the sub, you have to use the same speaker cables.
For the sub, you have to go with a RCA type cable. Connect one end of the RCA cable to the AVR's sub out and the other end to the LFE/R in the sub. Also set the "Use As LFE" to yes in the back of the sub.
RCA cable, something like below...
41EU90Toz1L._SY300_.jpg

Brother I am looking for the the total package that u have got.will you tell me the cost and place from where you got all this stuff

bikram_singh - What is being said here is, if you have a "single" speaker cable that runs longer than 35 feet, you might want to use thicker (12 awg is thicker than 14). For ex: if the cable that runs from your receiver to one of your speakers is longer than 35 feet then you might want to go for thicker cables - total run for all the speaker does not matter. The DAC wire you linked here is excellent and you cannot go wrong with it - but i doubt if you'll need to spend that much money.

bikram_singh - What is being said here is, if you have a "single" speaker cable that runs longer than 35 feet, you might want to use thicker (12 awg is thicker than 14). For ex: if the cable that runs from your receiver to one of your speakers is longer than 35 feet then you might want to go for thicker cables - total run for all the speaker does not matter. The DAC wire you linked here is excellent and you cannot go wrong with it - but i doubt if you'll need to spend that much money.

Thanks for the clarity you offered. I understand that I need 12 AWG cable, and that is what I want to know and yes DAC is expensive and I don't want to spend that money if it is of no use, as you have hinted in your reply. So do you mean to say any 12 AWG Copper wire (Oxygen free) will do as good a job as any other 12 AWG Copper wire (Oxygen free)? And could you please suggest some cheaper 12 AWG Copper wire (Oxygen free) cable?

I am going for bi-amping so in total I will need 200-ft of cable and I am doing a permanent in-wall wiring for the speakers. My HT will be complete soon, so worrying about cable wiring and the electricity ones (I will keep the two in separate in-wall pipes).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back