• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Cadence VA-01 Amplifier

Audiolab M-DAC Mini

TD150

Hi,

Was looking out for a Cadence VA-01 amplifier in good working/ cosmetic condition.

Please let me know if anyone of you have it for sale.

Regards,

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

jls001

May be Mr Amba at Cadence could help source it. I was at the Cadence factory last weekend listening to some superlative setups. I was told by a very knowledgeable person there that the version of VA-1 to own is the first version which was a 20 watt Class A, and not the later push-pull 35W version.

G401fan

When I bought my Cadence VA 1.0 HP (36 wpc ) in 2003, I was initially tempted by the 20 wpc version, but had to settle because of the need for extra power to drive their 86 db sensitivity Avita speakers. Never got around to hearing the 20 watt version though, but the common consensus was that it sounded better. Not sure, but maybe it's wired in SET mode. Still, I've been very happy with the 36 watt version, augmented with NOS Mullard EL34s, and after 12 years service, it still sounds amazing.

I understand that Cadence still makes the 20 wpc version, on order.

harry123456

Hi,
Sent you a PM with details. You can get back to me via PM if youre still on the lookout for a VA - 1 Amp.

Cheers.
Harry.

TD150

Send you PM Harry.

Thanks Joshua and G401fan for your valuable inputs.

Joshua, got in touch with Amba a couple of days back and he will let me know as soon as he has one.

G401fan, I have Avita speakers with me and have tried some amps (Harmon Kardon, Pulz, Superscobe/Marantz, AmpCamp, Lyrita, Luxman L210A, Some Chinese SS amp's, etc) including the Cadence VA-01 36W and I liked the VA-01out of all.

Next was the Luxman (they are difficult to find) and then AmpCamp. I was surprised with the performance of AmpCamp, however they are only 5W.

Three FMs have shown interest to sell their VA-01.
And an FM has suggested Jean Hiraga LeMonster 15W Class A which will be shortly in GB.
Was thinking Class A way as the Avita's sounded best on Luxman & AmpCamp both Class A apart from VA-01 36W.

Would request inputs/ opinions which way to head.

Regards

SPONSORED ADS