Cambridge audio 651a Power cut off problem-HELP

Maxprocrj

My problem is whenever I play anything, even on low volume it will just cut out and the red light below where it says protection will flash and I have to turn it off at the mains to get it going again, yet it will do the same 5-30 minutes later. Anyone got any solutions?

Its still within warranty period.Here in Kolkata local dealer SKS Traders is out of service!!

:sad::sad::sad:

How is the voltage condition in your place?
Check if the speaker wires are touching the amp body.

It is better to contact the service center ASAP.

My problem is whenever I play anything, even on low volume it will just cut out and the red light below where it says protection will flash and I have to turn it off at the mains to get it going again, yet it will do the same 5-30 minutes later. Anyone got any solutions?

Its still within warranty period.Here in Kolkata local dealer SKS Traders is out of service!!

is amp getting enough ventilation?

How is the voltage condition in your place?
Check if the speaker wires are touching the amp body.

It is better to contact the service center ASAP.

1) Seems ok never seen any voltage issue of other electric appliances.

2)No

3)Came,but he is not technically sound.

call FX entertainment in Delhi at +91-11-40507113/114. Or speak to their Operations Manager N K Nayak at + 91 9818666077 (also in Delhi). These people are the distributors of Cambridge Audio.

At least you will get some help even if it is from Delhi.

Cheers:)

RN

Looks like a case of Speaker wires shorting.

Have you Bi wired the speakers?
a) Check to see if any loose strands are shorting at the Binding posts ( Both Amp end and Speaker end)
b)Physically examine the wire for damage

If above does not yield any result disconnect from the Amp end one speaker at a time and play the other speaker to see if Amp trips.

This is the 2nd case of CA amps misbehaving and ironically BOTH with MS speakers. Yours is with Aviano 6, while in the other case, it is with Carnival 6.

Both these speaker specs show impedance in the range of 4-8 ohms, while sensitivity is between 88 and 90 dB. It gives the feeling that the impedance value is tending more towards the '4 ohm' figure leading to heavy draw of current from the CA amps even at moderate listening levels, causing the shut-off outrage!

Maybe, both of you need to look at speaker change (that's the cheaper option) and settle for ones with 8 ohm rating.

Both these speaker specs show impedance in the range of 4-8 ohms, while sensitivity is between 88 and 90 dB. It gives the feeling that the impedance value is tending more towards the '4 ohm' figure leading to heavy draw of current from the CA amps even at moderate listening levels, causing the shut-off outrage!

Maybe, both of you need to look at speaker change (that's the cheaper option) and settle for ones with 8 ohm rating.

Thanks for keeping an eye on my thread too. Wow, let me do some checking this weekend. Will check for shorts etc (I've already checked, but just to be sure). Also try connecting one speaker at a time. Once that is done and this continues, maybe I need to check with someone else's speakers.

If that don't work too, maybe I really need to change speakers :sad:

This is the 2nd case of CA amps misbehaving and ironically BOTH with MS speakers. Yours is with Aviano 6, while in the other case, it is with Carnival 6.

What is Chanchal babu saying?

If you are interested, I know a gentleman who is extremely competent at fixing rigs. But since its in warranty its best to wait for a feedback from FX guys.

They are saying they can repair it..............!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are more concern about their reputation.......not the faulty Cambridge audio product!!!

Sorry to resurrect a old thread after several years. That unit mentioned over here, had been replaced by a new unit by the concerned local dealer here in Kolkata. Over all a long term good experience with them till date....

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back