Cambridge audio 651a problems

hampus

Hi,

I have used my 651a (eu ver) for 3,5 years with some B&W CM1 speakers and have been quite satisfied with the sound and the general quality of the set-up.

- What happed -

Then yesterday my amp stopped working. I was listening through the usb port and the amp just turned to standby mode and it felt quite hot. So I let it cool off for a few minutes and tried to turn it on again which it did and played some more and then turned back to standby mode again. I then took it out and let it cool off for a long while and then plugged it back in and tried it and it won't come out of standby mode now.

- Current state -

It simple flashes through all the lights (from the standby up to the usb and back to standby) Doesn't flash any lights any more or less with the standby light constantly on. If I hold the standby button it will flash through them all and then blink the protection light 5 times and then go to standby mode again.

I have tried unplugging it and everything attached to it, different outputs, leaving it without power overnight but nothing will make it come out of standby mode.

- Question -

Has anybody experienced anything similar and know what's wrong and how to fix it?

- Comments -

I live in Poland so getting it to a dealer will be quite complicated so I want to rule out anything else before doing that. I have contacted cambridge and I'm waiting for a reply.

Thanks for your time and all the best,
Hampus

Back