• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Cambridge Audio CXR120 AV Receiver

hdmaniac

I am posting my Cambridge Audio CXR120 7.2 channel AV receiver for sale. I have to let this go as I am moving to a dedicated HT room with Atmos 7.2.2 setup so I need funding to buy a new 9.2 channel atmos AVR. I still have my old Cambridge Audio 551R AVR that still serves me well for my secondary setup so keeping this will be a overkill.

This is a very neutral sounding AVR in my experience and built like a beast with an oversized toroidal transformer and an all metal body for the best quality sound. Cambridge Audio AVRs are built just like their stereo amplifiers so the AVR is equally good for stereo music as well with its clear and open sound signature tuned for the Europe market. You could find in the specifications that its maximum power consumption is 1000W which is quite more than any mass market AVRs that boast more wattage per channel but strangely power consumption is rated less than 500W.

This was purchased in the UK by my friend and shipped to Chennai. I have the original box and packing materials. Very sparingly used and in almost new condition. Interested buyers within Chennai are also welcome to check the AVR in person with prior arrangements.

Official product page for full specifications:
https://www.cambridgeaudio.com/en/products/cx/cxr120

Reviews:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/cambridge-audio-cxr120
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news/article/cambridge-audio-cxr120-review/22345

Purchase price: £ 1499 (still retailing for the same price in Richersounds UK https://www.richersounds.com/cambridge-cxr120-blk-soc.html)
Purchased: November 2016
Reason for selling: upgrading to Atmos 7.2.2 setup so I have to buy a new 9.2 channel AVR
Functional condition: 10/10
Cosmetic condition: 9/10
Item location: Chennai
Asking Price: Rs. 80000

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

SPONSORED ADS

hdmaniac

I am already in the look out to purchase a 9.2 AVR soon so I am looking for a quick sale. I am open to reasonable offers and can ship.

hdmaniac

Reducing the price to 70K. I visit Bangalore frequently for work so I can also arrange pick up in Bangalore.

hdmaniac

Not sure if the low interest from the AV community is due to the brand. Cambridge audio products are also sold by HiFiMart and there are authorized dealers/service centers in India which can be found in their official web site. This is an enthusiast grade product so a notch above the mass market brands like Yamaha or Denon.

Considering this is still selling for 1499 GBP and the import duty, I hope I have priced it reasonably at around 50% for as-new condition. I am only selling it because I got the upgraditis for atmos setup so this is an high quality buy for any AV enthusiast interested in 7.1 setup. Please post any questions either in this thread or inbox me.

Cheers!

hdmaniac

As recommended by a fellow FM, I am adding additional pictures of the back panel and the original packaging along with the accessories that comes in the box. Accessories include setup microphone, FM & AM antennas, usb Wifi adapter, power plug, Spotify connect instruction book and User manual that can be seen in the pictures.

Also posting audioholics and CNET links:
http://www.audioholics.com/product-reviews/cambridge-audio-cxr200-cxr120-preview
https://www.cnet.com/products/cambridge-audio-cx-series-cxr120-av-network-receiver-7-1-channel/specs/

cheers!

Attachments

celester340

I would have been very interested in your reciever. Can u please tell me if it has HDR capability and also can it be used as a preamp? I guess there is no warranty since u haven’t bought it from here, right? Thank you.

SPONSORED ADS

hdmaniac

I would have been very interested in your reciever. Can u please tell me if it has HDR capability and also can it be used as a preamp? I guess there is no warranty since u haven’t bought it from here, right? Thank you.
It does not support HDR and cannot be used as preamp as it does not have pre-outs. Cambridge audio has dropped the pre-outs in the CX series as their goal was to deliver premium stereo amp like sound quality in an AVR by minimizing the circuits.

efernand1

I have noticed that there is a REC OUT for L + R.....I guess this can be fed into a power amp....needs to be tested though

hdmaniac

I have noticed that there is a REC OUT for L + R.....I guess this can be fed into a power amp....needs to be tested though
Yes, that will work for stereo sources. I think Celester was asking about 7 channel pre-out for hdmi/surround sources.

hdmaniac

Nopes.....he is looking to hook his stereo amp.......Emotiva
Thank you for clarifying that. The REC OUT L+R is line level analog out as per the specs but I have never used them. I will test using it and will update my findings.

hdmaniac

This is now sold to a fellow FM in Chennai. The gentlemen who is also a Cambridge Audio fan visited my house for a live audition and took the AVR along with him. Thanks for looking.

This thread can be closed now.

spirovious

Thank you for clarifying that. The REC OUT L+R is line level analog out as per the specs but I have never used them. I will test using it and will update my findings.
REC out will be full output without volume control action.It cannot be used as preout.

SPONSORED ADS