Cambrige Audio DV99 Audio DAC chip

sumitabhg

Hi,

I have picked up a used DV99 from a FM to use as a CDP and a CD Transport. Does anyone have info about the audio dac chip this player uses. Not able to find on the internet anywhere :(

Thanks in advance :)

I believe this model does not have a dedicated DAC Chip, it uses a MediaTek SOC (system on chip) which handles Video decoding, DAC and other functions. The transport on this player must most probably be a Sony or Sanyo.

I have a CA DVD 89 which is similar to the 99 except for the front USB input. The DAC in this machine has never been named in the tech specs. However it is of fairly good quality. The analogue output from this machine is comparable to a low budget CD player. Played thru my Marantz PM 6002 amp, it gives a close run to my Marantz CD 5001.This DVD player had some good reviews in audiophile mags when it was introduced, in 2006.

The analogue output from this machine is comparable to a low budget CD player. Played thru my Marantz PM 6002 amp, it gives a close run to my Marantz CD 5001.

Disagree..I have both the CA DV99 and the CA 350C. The dedicated 'low end' CD player's audio quality is clearly better and build quality is far superior.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back