Can Oppo BDP-83 play HD Audio from .mkv or .m2ts movie files on a dlna server

HTuser

Hi,

I would like to know whether Oppo BDP-83 can play HD Audio from DLNA server.

I tried few Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA files (.m2ts) but the audio is not coming. BDP is not showing audio information at all. If the audio in the .m2ts file is dolby 5.1 or dts 5.1, the file is playing fine.

Similarly I could play dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 tracks in .mkv files over dlna. I tried one DTS HDMA 7.1 mkv file, it is being played as 5.1 file. The receiver is showing that it is receiving DTS HDMA, but BDP is showing that the audio is dts 5.1.

I am streaming from Seagate Central HDD (has LAN port) which has inbuilt DLNA capability. Seagate HDD and BDP are connected to WiFi router having 10/100 LAN ports.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I don't have this specific config but I did try MKV with DTS-HDMA/ Dolby TrueHD 5.1 over DLNA (WD Mycloud) to Oppo 105 and to my Onkyo receiver. I could get proper audio all the way thru and both Oppo and Onkyo indicated correctly.

BTW you had mentioned that the receiver is showing DTSHDMA while the BDP is showing only DTS - that's strange. How is the receiver receiving HD audio if the BDP is not processing & passing it thru?

Thanks for the reply.

I think BDP-105 can play HD audio (DTS HD and Dolby HD) from network sources (DLNA) and BDP-83 can't

Hi,

I would like to know whether Oppo BDP-83 can play HD Audio from DLNA server.

I tried few Dolby TrueHD and DTS HDMA files (.m2ts) but the audio is not coming. BDP is not showing audio information at all. If the audio in the .m2ts file is dolby 5.1 or dts 5.1, the file is playing fine.

Similarly I could play dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1 tracks in .mkv files over dlna. I tried one DTS HDMA 7.1 mkv file, it is being played as 5.1 file. The receiver is showing that it is receiving DTS HDMA, but BDP is showing that the audio is dts 5.1.

I am streaming from Seagate Central HDD (has LAN port) which has inbuilt DLNA capability. Seagate HDD and BDP are connected to WiFi router having 10/100 LAN ports.

Thanks in advance

No, it cant. THE BDP83 cannot handle HD audio through DLNA.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back