Can someone suggest me a good home theatre system under 80k

Panda_General

I am just getting into home theatres
So I want to have a home theatre system under 80k for my projector
A 5.1 would be good but I can also work with a 3.1 system the room is aprrox 12x10 feet

Micca rb42 fronts
Micca rb-c center
Micca covo surround
Polk hts10 sub

Use rest of the money on avr.

You'll get the micca s from amazon.

Please check the forum posts. There is separate section for AV. Hundreds of threads are there on this. :)

Pricing is steep, you should be able to get even denon x2700h below 60k. And why is he quoting 3020i as single spekaers? The pricing is for a pair. 3020i should be under 25k and 3030i should be under 36k. If possible negotiate with him with or find a different dealer. Not necessarily you have to get it from your city dealer only. Ask around here, you should get a few contacts.

But if you have the budget and the room ofc, you should definitely consider 3020i fronts, 3090ci center and denon x2700h avr. Surround you can get any cheap and loud speaker. They ll be used very very less, only for effects so if you are short on budget, can definitely get the cheap option available for you and upgrade later if you feel like.

Just my suggestion, if you go for 5.1
Receiver - If you can wait, wait for used AVR on this forum, you can alternatively post in "Wanted" - you can't beat the VFM. Denon's are pretty good, I have gone thru Yamaha, Onkyo, Sony, I stuck with Denon.

Maybe go with FS instead of BS, you can save on the SUB for now, and maybe add one later. Will help you stay within the budget and you can perhaps invest in a better AVR.

If you go ahead with new BS - compared to the suggested QAs - I would suggest go ahead with the Concept 20s, a SUB is a must for them to shine, whether or not you are a bass head (I am not and I love them with a sub), but they are drastically better than the 3030/3020i.

Best of luck!

These are my quotation that I got from my local dealer
Quotations seem very high , I would recommend to get it online or negotiate for near metro prices.

At a high level these are the ongoing prices
i) QAcoustics 3020i - 23-25k ( if you want it for fronts and surround multiply by 2), for rears would suggest to go for 3010i (should be about 6-7k cheaper)
ii) Qacoustics 3090i - Going price is 15k, can get upto 13k-14k on bargaining
iii) Dont get the speaker stands from the dealer, get soundfoundations one. Will be slightly costlier but would be certainly much better than what you are getting from your dealer
iv) The suggested sub is bad , go for the QAcoustics QB12/Polk HTS 12/BIC America PL200-ii. The QB-12 is going for about 40-42k and is a much better sub than the 2070.
v) X2600H should be charged no more than 56-57k. Go for the X2700H if x2600h is not available and you are willing ot pay the extra money

Cant comment about wharfedale , the Polk TL1600 should be available for 34-35k with the sub and deduct 4k-5k for the sub & Denon X550 BT cost is 30k.

The QAcoustics setup is a good one and would recommend you to go for that.

Looks like an old thread was bumped. Having installed a budget HT for a lakh rupees and knowing it may have just caused 90k, here is how I pulled it off. AVR was bought second hand for Rs.10k, spent 4k in overhauling it, budget Micca 0o0 speakers (including Micca covo pair too) 7.0 for Rs.41400, two taga tsw 90 for Rs.44300 (could have done with one also, upon which the budget would have restricted to 80k but HT consultant convinced me), one 1kva ups 4k, cable 100feet for Rs.3800. installation charges, clamps, y splitter, calibration etc.. another Rs.4k. So adding up bare minimum for my setup would have been Rs.14000+41400+22150+11800=Rs.89350. With a new AVR it would have costed about Rs.35k more. My other consideration of Polk 1600 (5.1) and Denon 550 BT would have had a similar cost as well.

In YouTube a guy from Madurai sells good vfm deals second hand refurbished.

Disclaimer: buyers beware as I haven't tried this route and i did not opt to buy his real unbelievable deals.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back