Can yamaha htr 3072 play better music than 48 khz

msankadi

Hi

As I am trying to setup my tidal account and get the best music out of it. I just checked my avr and its specifications say that it only supports upto 48 kHz.

Attached is the snapshot of the specs I am referring to. Does this mean anything higher than that is not supported on my avr?

Unfortunately I'm very new to this and if I had known about this, I would have definitely gone for a better avr as now i am stuck with it. Dumb me :(Screenshot_2021-04-21-18-25-43-06_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.jpg

If I use direct mode does it mean it is like an audio passthrough and then the speakers can play at higher than 48 kHz?

IMHO 48k sampling is good (CD quality) obviously 96k is better and upwards....

Check how it sounds and if you still feel something lacking then try the suggested solutions, last resort if the SQ is so important is then to update the AVR to a new one / pre owned one which can support the latest Hi Res audio

Wow, for some reason Audirvana is able to play 96khz on my avr and setup through my windows pc...

same track on tidal windows app plays 48 khz only.Wonder how come this is happening as technically my avr is supposed to be restricted to 48 khz only.

Have checked on multiple tracks and in signal info it is clearly showing 96 khz. Even for 44.1 tracks, Audirvana is able to play at 88.2 for me

Thats good to hear, guess then you will reconsider your idea to upgrade the AVR or you want to?

Wow, for some reason Audirvana is able to play 96khz on my avr and setup through my windows pc...

same track on tidal windows app plays 48 khz only.Wonder how come this is happening as technically my avr is supposed to be restricted to 48 khz only.

Have checked on multiple tracks and in signal info it is clearly showing 96 khz. Even for 44.1 tracks, Audirvana is able to play at 88.2 for me
My crown xls 2502 is restricted to 48 Khz. But the Zen Dac driver shows that Tidal is playing 96Khz. Your output frequency will be limited by your amp. But it not a big concern as very few will be able to tell the difference between 48Khz and 96 Khz.

My crown xls 2502 is restricted to 48 Khz. But the Zen Dac driver shows that Tidal is playing 96Khz. Your output frequency will be limited by your amp. But it not a big concern as very few will be able to tell the difference between 48Khz and 96 Khz.
But the avr itself is showing 96 kHz in the avr signal info. Have checked on tracks and it accurately reflects the signal. Khz its playing, so I guess yamaha advertise a lower strength but the actual system is capable of a bit more

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back