Can't edit or delete post after 60 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

codwapeace

I can't understand the logic behind this. This is an internet forum not an exam. Can someone explain?

You gain from the forum, you contribute to the forum and the site owner gets revenue from ads. This forum doesn't want you to delete your posts because:

1. If the threads are old and people already replied to your posts, subsequent posts wouldn't make sense if you delete yours because integrity of the thread is lost
2. Ad revenue is lost
3. And nobody cares about you (... well wait for a few years)

Have a nice day ;-)

I can't understand the logic behind this. This is an internet forum not an exam. Can someone explain?

Why would one want to Edit or Delete his/her post after such a long duration? BTW, I thought the Edit window was 20mins.

MaSh

I do agree to the replies. In fact a post should not be edited but can be corrected if miss-sent or inadvertently posted.
Allowing a post for editing which has been responded will create mess.
Thanks

Every other forum that I have been a part of allows editing indefinitely. In any case, this does dissuade me from using the forum too much as I have all the responsibility for the content I write but I cannot correct it if I made a mistake. I don't know why everything in India is so policed. I guess we are just too conformists and don't protest even if it is wrong.

I wish someone from the admin team replied.

Every other forum that I have been a part of allows editing indefinitely. In any case, this does dissuade me from using the forum too much as I have all the responsibility for the content I write but I cannot correct it if I made a mistake. I don't know why everything in India is so policed. I guess we are just too conformists and don't protest even if it is wrong.

I wish someone from the admin team replied.

I would disagree. If one is confident enough about what he is responding or suggesting then there would be no need to Edit the response. This is not policing, rather as you said a way to dissuade wanderers from putting up meaningless posts which make no or little sense and need constant editing or even deleting.

If you really want to experience policing, try becoming a member of an automotive forum Team-BHP. Just my 2 paisa, no hard feeling meant.

MaSh

There is one hour window for editing what we've posted in case there's errata or need for addendum. I feel it's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back