• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Car Amplifier as Pre-Amp for Stereo Amplifier

Mogami Cables

gautampatnaik

I have Norge Reference Amp and use desktop computer besides DVD player as Music Source. To enhance SQ from computer Source, I was thinking of adding a Car Amplifier as pre-amp connected between computer and Stereo Amplifier.

I tried with creative sound cards / asus sound cards but was not very impressed.

Please advice, if this model will work fine If anybody has tried such a model. If this is fine which car amplifier and the suggested connections.

Gautam

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

Kannan

I have Norge Reference Amp and use desktop computer besides DVD player as Music Source. To enhance SQ from computer Source, I was thinking of adding a Car Amplifier as pre-amp connected between computer and Stereo Amplifier.

I tried with creative sound cards / asus sound cards but was not very impressed.

Please advice, if this model will work fine If anybody has tried such a model. If this is fine which car amplifier and the suggested connections.

Gautam
How can a car amplifier act as a preamp? The car amps are essentially power amps that usually have gain pots for matching with the source (Head Unit or DSP) output.

gautampatnaik

thanx for educating me

Can you pls advise some sound quality enhancement device between computer and stereo amplifier since my computer is the source for music.

thanx

gautam

MaSh

You can either add a good quality Dac or a USB sound card.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

SPONSORED ADS