Car in the speaker

ankurjbl

My son decided to drop his Hotwheels into the Pioneer aj bs 22 from back hole and did it. How to remove it? Can I play the speakers with car in it?

Remove the mid bass driver with unscrewing the screws holding it
Be careful to hold it with other hand as cable connecting to crossover is generally kept short and so you don't snap the cable from either end
Then flip the speaker and I think the toy car should be small enough to come out of the cabinet

Second this method suggested by rikhav. Alternately you could open the binding post plate which is fixed using 4 screws taking a similar care about cables connected to the speakers inside.

Seems speakers need Alen keys to open which I don't have. Back panel is normal screw . I will try the back one. Thanks for the words.

No success from back panel. It was packed with some white foam from inside. What can go wrong if I try to play without removing it?

Thanks . I will try that.I am not sure why is it not sticking to the driver magnet.
Well if it's not sticking didn't you try to invert the speaker and try shaking it to get it out somehow. Might take some time but should work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tilt the speaker sideways. You may hear the car sliding from one side to another, if it is at the bottom. If So, better leave it there.
-- vnmathur

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back