Car paint touch up

Amarendra

Hi,

My Altis is about 8 years old and being in Mumbai it has its fair share of scratches. I just wanted to give a touch up of paint at places where there are scratches. Which paint do i use and how do i select the shade? Can i paint with a normal brush ?

I had asked Toyota about repainting and they quoted an atrocious 7500 per component. Eg 7500 for left front door and so on and so forth. In total it will amount to 75k approx which i am not willing to spend.

Thanks in advance.

Find a good local dent paint shop who will do this job for Rs 1,500 per piece (Read Door, fendor, Bumper etc.). Car paint is an art which require several layers of finishing and rubbing and polishing post paint. One can not not do it himself unless proficient in it. Showrooms charge exorbitant prices but i am sure there must be several good local technicians available who can do this job fairly cheap.

As mentioned look up a trusted body works shop in your city and get your car painted there. Don't get patches touched up. Get the whole car a single coat with 2 or more coats of Clear coat. Follow up with good round of buffing and your car should bd as good as new lookswise.

MaSh

If you're a DIY guy, there's car touch up kit called Com-Paint which sells for around Rs.750/-.
Select the respective kit for your car n shade, follow the simple steps mentioned, you're all set.
Com-Paint was available in Amazon, not sure now....if not, you can order from their website I believe.

Note: The outcome may not be as good as a professional job and also it would greatly depend on your craftsmanship too.
May be you can do it for one of the scratch n decide later for the rest.

I once got my Honda accord completely painted for around 15k. Best is to find a local mechanic to get your car repainted. But do remember, you get what you pay for. The locals can't match the quality of a good paint job you get at ASC. But it can give your car a new life. If the car isn't in very bad shape I would leave it as is. If not experienced I will discourage you from a diy even if through spray cans. But if you want to do it for the experience, you can go ahead.

There are private garages who are expert with painting and denting
Some have their own baking booth
At times some of these Pvt ones are better in quality then ASC and at lesser rates too

But one can't expect top notch job for cheap rates

But one can't expect top notch job for cheap rates
+1

7500 per component.

This is on the higher side. Even VW charges 5000 a piece and fullbody paint for Jetta is 45000 in KUN Chennai .

You can find a good body shop who can do it at 30000 for Altis. Make sure they use paint like DuPont and 3M rubbing compounds etc.

Back