Car Stereo: is it worth repairing?

jawedsoft

Dear Group,
I have Sony CD Player (model CWX-550) in my car. Its 7 years old. It does not have USB capabilities.

Recently, the CD intake mechanism stopped working. So I am using it only as a FM Radio.

The cosmetic condition of the system is excellent as its been used less and very carefully.
(in seven years the vehicle has done only 38k kms)

Even though everyone is advising me to dump the player and get a new one, I just wanted to know if it makes sense to get it repaired. Does it get repaired in the first place?..does anyone know of places in mumbai where they would be willing to repair it?

if you know of such places, please share with me...

regards,
Jawed

Try Lamington Road.

Probably cost you between Rs 1500 to Rs 2000 to fix the CD player.

On Proctor Street, Off Lamington Road, there are repair guys ( Just below the bridge who may repair it for less than Rs 1,000.

All the best !

Thank you IndianEars...Lamington road's going to be my next stop. I want to use tomorrow and day after to close this matter...

even though I don't listen to CDs that often...but still..the fact that its not working is irritating me a lot..it keeps bugging me all the time...so I want to finish that this week ...

best regards,
Jawed

Do note that you will probably need to take it out of yr car Dash and hand over for repairs.

If you want someone to take it out and repair... try a shop on Tribhuvan Road, its on your Right Hand side, about 1/3 down the lane ( you can drive your car down Tribhuvan Road. I think the guy's name at the shop is Amol....

Tribhuvan Road is Off Lamington Road, Exactly opposite a shop called "Raju & Raju".

All the best !

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back