• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Cary SA 200.2 Power Amplifier and CPA 1 Preamplifier

Castle Knight 2 Speakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiftyfifty

Cary SA 200.2 Power Amplifier
200 W per channel x 8 Ohms
Purchased new in Jan 2017. I am the first owner.
Condition: Near mint
Retail price: USD 3995
My price: Rs. 2,15,000
Shipping: At buyer's risk and cost

Cary SA200.2 Power.jpg Cary Power rear.jpg

Cary CPA 1 Preamplifier
Purchased used from a fellow FM a year ago
Condition: Near mint
Retail price: USD 2,000
Used price on Hifishark, etc.: USD 700
My price: Rs.50,000

Cary CPA1 Pre.jpg Cary CPA1 Pre rear.jpg
Shipping: At buyer's risk and cost

Price of combo (both pre and power amps): Rs. 2,40,000

Cary Pre & Power.jpg

Reason for Sale: I am moving towards an integrated system

Auditions welcome at my home in Pune!

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Fiftyfifty

Hi,

I've just put up my Martin Logan ESL speakers for sale at Rs. 1.5 lacs in another thread:

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...ostatic-speakers-less-than-2-years-old.72319/

If anybody is willing to buy the entire bundle consisting of Cary pre, Cary power and the ESL speakers, I'll do a very sweet price of Rs. 3.5 lacs (non-negotiable) for the bundle. Let me know if there is interest. Shipping would ideally done by private dedicated transport, at shared cost

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiftyfifty

PRICE DROP ON CARY SA 200.2 POWER AMP:

I've been checking the prices of this amp on various international used equipment sites. In line with the international prices, I am adjusting the prices as shown below:

New price: Rs. 1,50,000 ( in line with international used price of USD 2,000)

Here's what Kent Johnson of Positive Feedback has to say about this exceptionally talented amp:

The Cary 200.2 unveiled a soundstage with more realistic openness and space than I have previously heard. I believe that reproducing sound of this quality requires a system to have superb timing with equally good low level detail retrieval. The Cary made this seem easy. The Cary 200.2 has tremendous bass power with an attendant level of bass definition. The human voice is reproduced with marvelous fidelity via the 200.2, whether it is a solo from Patricia Barber, or the chorus of the Polovtsian Dances. It would have been easy to listen to female vocals and nothing else during the time I have had the 200.2. The Cary amp reproduced cymbals with more shimmer and life than I have heard via CD at any time previously. Woodwinds were gorgeous. String tone was lovely and entirely recording dependent.
It is just right. The Cary Audio Design 200.2 amplifier never is too much, or too little of anything. The loudest crescendo isn't exaggerated; the softest caress of a piano key isn't diminished. Feed it an exceptional recording and you get stunning realism in return; feed it a lesser recording and you still can appreciate its musical strengths. I think I have found the amplifier that I have been looking for. - Kent Johnson

Would like to add that if anyone is interested in the complete package of pre, power and speakers, reasonable offers are welcome. I would rather see a fellow audio enthusiast savour this high end products than have them set up in my house as a second system.

Cheers!

Fiftyfifty

Hi,

There have been a few inequities from FM's in other cities. They have been keen about the gear but reluctant to come and audition the equipment in Pune. My insistence on audition is only because i believe that, for someone spending a substantial amount on purchase, it is important to make sure that the condition and sound signature are as per one's expectations and fancy. I would definitely advise against a blind buy of used equipment.

If any FM is really keen to purchase, we can definitely look at an arrangement to reimburse the travel costs out of the sale proceeds, should the deal materialize.

Cheers!

Fiftyfifty

REVISED PRICES

Hi,

Consequent to the price reduction of the Cary Power amp mentioned in my earlier post, I am listing below the prices of various combinations of the setup:

Individual units prices:
1. Cary SA 200.2 Power amp: Rs. 1.50 lacs + shipping
2. Cary CPA1 Preamp: Rs. 0.50 lacs + shipping
3. Martin Logan Electromotion ESL speakers: Rs. 1.50 lacs, local pickup only

Combination prices:
Combination of (1) + (2): Rs. 1.80 lacs + shipping
Combination of (1) + (2) local pickup: Rs. 1.75 lacs
Combination of (1) + (2) + (3) local pickup only: Rs. 3.00 lacs

Regards

Fiftyfifty

Hi,
The preamp is reserved for an FM.
The SA 200.2 Power amp and ML ESLspeakers are still available.
Cheers!

captrajesh

Staff member
Ah! I got it now. Wish it was mentioned and the sale thread linked in the 2nd post. It's been done now.

Fiftyfifty

I no longer wish to sell the Cary power amp and the Martin Logan speakers. Moderators, please close the thread.
Thanks to all who looked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.