Cassette deck for a philips micro hifi system.

Friends,
Feeling very sad today. My long time partner, a Philips micro hifi system, Model MC-170. has a broken gear in the cassette deck section. Can anybody please help me to find a original spare for this. Or please suggest how to get that spare if any other way is there. Actually this deck was presented to me by my father and has some real nostalgia attached to it. Hence want to maintain it in full glory.
the pic uploaded here is of the model downloaded from net.

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 143
Nice to hear about the attachment you have for your music system. Gear damage, as dramatic as it may sound, is actually not that much of a challenge but your search for spares can get very frustrating. For a start you can check with Philips authorized service centres. They may possibly have the spares. If you don't succeed on this front (which is more likely to be the case), you can try in the open market. Places like Chennai have a huge electronics spares markets and getting something like a gear should not be a worry. Local FMs would be in a position to help.

Nice to hear about the attachment you have for your music system. Gear damage, as dramatic as it may sound, is actually not that much of a challenge but your search for spares can get very frustrating. For a start you can check with Philips authorized service centres. They may possibly have the spares. If you don't succeed on this front (which is more likely to be the case), you can try in the open market. Places like Chennai have a huge electronics spares markets and getting something like a gear should not be a worry. Local FMs would be in a position to help.

Dear Reubensm'
Thanks for your reply. My brother, who was formerly a technician at a service center of Philips, is also looking for the spare. But it isn't available at the service centers who were there in his vicinity. Moreover to further complicate, the company has stopped audio products since long and the set being more than 19 yrs old has no spares available in the market as per their saying. As for us it is not possible to explore the market at Chennai from here at West Bengal. Could you please help me in the matter?
regards,
Amitava

Dear Reubensm'
Thanks for your reply. My brother, who was formerly a technician at a service center of Philips, is also looking for the spare. But it isn't available at the service centers who were there in his vicinity. Moreover to further complicate, the company has stopped audio products since long and the set being more than 19 yrs old has no spares available in the market as per their saying. As for us it is not possible to explore the market at Chennai from here at West Bengal. Could you please help me in the matter?
regards,
Amitava

To start with Amit, if you can post a picture of the damaged gear, our FMs will be able to guide you. There are electronics markets in places like Calcutta, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Trivandrum with lots of options. In a worse case scenario, we may even be able to help you source the part from abroad. Regards.

Hello Amitabha,

You may get in touch with Ashoke Mondal residing @Kasba Kolkata for any help. His mobile no is 90514 45525. In my opinion, he is the best mechanic in Kolkata in terms of vintage gears.

Regards,
Sourav

Someone please help!!

Dear Amitava,

It will be worthwhile to take a few snaps of the the broken gear and post it here on the thread...Also if you can measure and post the dimensions of the broken gear it would help as well....
Our FMs will be able to help you only if you they know which gear exactly needs replacement...

Regards,

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back