CD Jewel cases

In Mumbai i got on lamington road
-
Caution- I found quality deterioration rapidally ..for orignals as well as you buy.

Sidvee, is there an electronics market in Hyderabad? That will be the best place to try.

If you are looking at large numbers and cannot source it in Hyd, I can source the CD Jewel cases from Chennai and courier it to you. The dealer here sells in minimum number of 100 in a box. This should be your worst case scenario. Or if you know someone in Chennai, I can refer that person to the shop where it is available. Before you ask, I don't remember the name of the shop.

Cheers

Thanks Hemant and Venkat.
Venkant thank you kindly for your gracious offer - highly appreciated:). I havent tried looking in Hyd yet - thought there may be somewhere online so I dont have to bother heading out.
Anyways I am looking for at-least 50, so 100 is ok as well.
I will check around in hyd for a few days and get back to you.
Cheers
Sid

Getting Jewel cases is fine. .. but what is the quality?!!

AFAIK the only quality available in India is the type that breaks on first open ... :lol:

Cheers

They do need careful handling. But given the cost, if they break, I just replace the jewel case. In the last 1 year, I may have replaced 10 cases.

Cheers

Hi there,
My name is Suresh Lalwani.
If you have valuable cd's DONT DREAM OF PUTTING THEM IN INDIAN MANUFACTURED JEWEL CASES.
They "sweat" and will ruin your precious cd's.I have a few ruined cd's.
Can you tell me how you placed this question on a "general post" meaning for all readers of hifivision to be able to read and respond.I know how to write individual replies.However I dont know how to put this kind of a post as you have done this.
Thanks
Suresh

Can any of our esteemed members advice me where I can buy CD jewel cases - In India - specifically in Hyderabad.
Thanks in advance
Sid

Hello Mr. Suresh

The forum is divided into many sub-forums like amps, speakers, for sale. wanted

You enter it , either post on exisisting thread or crate "NEW THREAD" where willl others will answer to your query

I know its not detailed explanation, maybe it helps you

Hi there,
My name is Suresh Lalwani.
If you have valuable cd's DONT DREAM OF PUTTING THEM IN INDIAN MANUFACTURED JEWEL CASES.
Can you tell me how you placed this question on a "general post" meaning for all readers of hifivision to be able to read and respond.I know how to write individual replies.However I dont know how to put this kind of a post as you have done this.
Thanks
Suresh

Suresh - Wow didnt know that!
BTW to post in a specific forum, I just go to the forum in question - and hit new post.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Sid

I don't understand how a plastic CD Jewel case can 'sweat. I have been using Indian jewel cases for the last 3 or 4 years without losing a single CD. Even the so called imported cases wear away after some use, so replacing the jewel cases has become essential.

cheers

Hi folks,

I too had experienced about the 'sweating' of the jewel case. But all jewel cases do not sweat. Among 50 jewel cases of mine 8-10 had sweated out for sure. The moist surface is very much evident below the CD. You may check out.

Regards,

JAYANT

Hi,

Really curious about the Jewel case sweating described on this thread. I searched around and though I don't find a definitive article on it, forum posts here & there suggest one/more of the following, all of which aren't functions of the Jewel case material BTW.

Some questions:
1. Do you store your CDs in a relatively cooler/warmer temperature compared to the room where you use those CDs? Example: Air conditioned room and a closed CD rack, or a CD rack outside an AC listening room.
2. Do you store your CDs horizontally rather than vertically? Some posts suggest condensation is observed when storing CDs horizontally.
3. Do you see condensation more for CDs with thick inlays/booklets? Some online resources suggest thick inlays/booklets retain more moisture which condenses once the Jewel case is closed and put away in a warmer place.

Cheers
-rydhun

Edit: Though it doesn't talk too much about the sweating/condensation (just mentions it), it's a nice read: http://www.clir.org/pubs/reports/pub121/sec5.html

Last edited:
Looking for around 50 each jewel cases [Regular Size and Slim] to replace damaged ones. Where in Bangalore can buy good quality ones. Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi,

Reviving this thread. I would like to buy 50 pcs jewel case boxes (preferably thick boxes- old HMV EMI CD box type). I am based in Kolkata and also open to online purchase.

Can any kind soul guide me regarding this?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back