Center channel speaker

balnanj

hi guys, I have the following set up at home in my drawing room:

* Denon AVR X1500H
* Pioneer FS 52 Front Left and RIght floorstanding speakers
* Pioneer C22 center speaker
* Philips surround speakers
* SVS PB 1000

Now I am not happy with the center channel especially, and I plan to replace it with something else and that's where I need the help of you experts to tell me what is the center channel speaker I should be looking at that's not in a very high or very low budget. 20k - 30k is good. Thanks in advance.

Hi, recently during my search for CS I came across Emotiva Airmotive C1 as one of the best option for the budget. I was quoted 24k incl shipping by Htstore. Since u are from the city you cannoick it for even less. Its a 3 way design with ribbon tweeter which reportedly produces superior sound. I never had a chance to audition as most of my purchases are blind, mostly online. But it did seem a very good option though I stuck to a matching speaker for my Mission LX3.

Another option, the Wharf 220 CC has very good reviews and in my search I did not find a single negative review online. Will fit your budget at 17k now on Hifimart.

Now I am not happy with the center channel especially, and I plan to replace it with something else and that's where I need the help of you experts to tell me what is the center channel speaker I should be looking at that's not in a very high or very low budget. 20k - 30k is good. Thanks in advance.

Just as a Free experiment, mark the centre speaker as No in your receiver. See how much of a change it makes to the vocals. The centre signal would be split to the front speakers.

MaSh

Polk Audio csiA6 and csiA4 are also in that budget you mentioned. And solid performers too.

Just as a Free experiment, mark the centre speaker as No in your receiver. See how much of a change it makes to the vocals. The centre signal would be split to the front speakers.

MaSh

I second that totally !! I experimented with that and the results were far superior to when I was using a CC. if you are the only listener or if the audience is not spread far laterally from the centre point , you dont really need a CC.

Hi, recently during my search for CS I came across Emotiva Airmotive C1 as one of the best option for the budget. I was quoted 24k incl shipping by Htstore. Since u are from the city you cannoick it for even less. Its a 3 way design with ribbon tweeter which reportedly produces superior sound. I never had a chance to audition as most of my purchases are blind, mostly online. But it did seem a very good option though I stuck to a matching speaker for my Mission LX3.

Another option, the Wharf 220 CC has very good reviews and in my search I did not find a single negative review online. Will fit your budget at 17k now on Hifimart.
Thanks, will check this out

I second that totally !! I experimented with that and the results were far superior to when I was using a CC. if you are the only listener or if the audience is not spread far laterally from the centre point , you dont really need a CC.
Sorry for pulling out an old thread but I have just ordered a new set of 3020i and my center is weaker (from boston acoustics 5.1)

- Can I go ahead and select the center off in yamaha htr 3072 as well?
- Would the speaker then run in 4.1 setup?

Sorry for pulling out an old thread but I have just ordered a new set of 3020i and my center is weaker (from boston acoustics 5.1)

Yes it will work,
If you place your LR speakers properly, the center imaging should be perfect and you might feel the sound coming from centre or the TV itself.

Yes, perfectly do-able and you will get far better results (esp. when comparing QA to Boston A)

Yes, perfectly do-able and you will get far better results (esp. when comparing QA to Boston A)
I went ahead and ordered the 3090ci center channel anyways as I saw mixed reviews on youtube some saying it is a must for movies, so I didn't want to take a chance as I was spending 35k on front l and r

Back