Change Receiver from Onkyo HT S3200

ramanans_cdl

Hi,
I currently have Onkyo HT S3200 home theater system. The speakers are fine. But receiver is having some problem ( Doesn't passes video.) So thinking of changing the Receiver alone. I want to reuse the speakers (120 W) .

Can you suggest an alternative Receiver (5.1, 7.1, and 5.2.1) withing budget of 50K. If required I can buy additional 2 speakers for 7.1 and 5.2.1 (suggest suitable speakers for that too) . Which one looks better ( Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer) .

Thanks for your advice

Hi,
I currently have Onkyo HT S3200 home theater system. The speakers are fine. But receiver is having some problem ( Doesn't passes video.) So thinking of changing the Receiver alone. I want to reuse the speakers (120 W) .

Can you suggest an alternative Receiver (5.1, 7.1, and 5.2.1) withing budget of 50K. If required I can buy additional 2 speakers for 7.1 and 5.2.1 (suggest suitable speakers for that too) . Which one looks better ( Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer) .

Thanks for your advice

Its difficult to advise off hand without having some more pointers such as :
- how many channels are you looking at
- atmos capability
- will you continue to use the stock speakers or go for better ones
- room dimension
- future proofing (hdmi 2.0/ 2.1?)
- used/ new
- possibility of pre- out (usually in mid- higher end models)

I currently use both Pioneer LX 302 and Denon 2500. Both have their strengths and weaknesses- Denon has a very peculiar sound (slightly bright) while Pioneer produces a bigger sound (field). Most of the AVRs support 4K passthrough &/ upscaling hence that shouldn't be a problem.

In my opinion in case you plan to use your existing speakers go for any entry level AVR that fits in your budget such as the Marantz NR 1509 series or Pioneer entry level such as the 330/535 series, etc.

If possible audition as much as possible to see what suits your taste- however how an AVR will sound in a showroom vs your residence could be entirely different.

Most 7.2 AVR should be around that budget.. Pioneer LX 303 is a 9.2 AVR.. Just may be slightly above your budget.. Do check pricing and decide..

Hi,

Thanks for your advice
Marantz NR 1608/1609. Works great for me. Great sound quality. I think it is great value. It is almost the same price on Hifimart as US.

Its difficult to advise off hand without having some more pointers such as :
- how many channels are you looking at
- atmos capability
- will you continue to use the stock speakers or go for better ones
- room dimension
- future proofing (hdmi 2.0/ 2.1?)
- used/ new
- possibility of pre- out (usually in mid- higher end models)

I currently use both Pioneer LX 302 and Denon 2500. Both have their strengths and weaknesses- Denon has a very peculiar sound (slightly bright) while Pioneer produces a bigger sound (field). Most of the AVRs support 4K passthrough &/ upscaling hence that shouldn't be a problem.

In my opinion in case you plan to use your existing speakers go for any entry level AVR that fits in your budget such as the Marantz NR 1509 series or Pioneer entry level such as the 330/535 series, etc.

If possible audition as much as possible to see what suits your taste- however how an AVR will sound in a showroom vs your residence could be entirely different.

Thanks for your response.

how many channels are you looking at - I Look for 5.2.1 or 7.1
- atmos capability - Prefered to have atmos
- will you continue to use the stock speakers or go for better ones. Will use the stock and will add the remaining speakers
- room dimension : 20X16 feet
- future proofing (hdmi 2.0/ 2.1?) - HDMI2.1 or 2.0
- used/ new - NEW

Thanks

As per the spec, the receiver model is HTR370, that uses passive subwoofer.
The typical 5.1 or 7.1 receivers you get now gives pre-out for subwoofer and you will need a powered subwoofer.

I recommend upgrading to a proper AV Receiver with bigger driver based speaker setup and proper subwoofer
for example, Marantz 1609 or Denon 1600H with Taga Harmony 606 SE with Taga Harmony subwoofer, you may also consider Sonodyne, Polk etc. speaker brands

Thanks @HTuser . Since my budget us 50K I wish to upgrade with that. I wish to utilize my Subwoofer if possible. I can exchange the receiver and utilize it. Please advice

Option 1: Buy a new 5.1 AV Receiver + New Active subwoofer within 50k (e.g. Denon 550BT + Taga Harmony TSW 90)
Option 2: Buy Onkyo 5.1 AV Receiver + New Onkyo Active Subwoofer within 50k (e.g. Onkyo 393 AVR + Onkyo SKW 770)
Option 3: Contact Onkyo Dealer / Service Center - they may give you exchange offer - you can buy new Onkyo 7.1 setup in 50k. (e.g. HTS3800)

Option 1: Buy a new 5.1 AV Receiver + New Active subwoofer within 50k (e.g. Denon 550BT + Taga Harmony TSW 90)
Option 2: Buy Onkyo 5.1 AV Receiver + New Onkyo Active Subwoofer within 50k (e.g. Onkyo 393 AVR + Onkyo SKW 770)
Option 3: Contact Onkyo Dealer / Service Center - they may give you exchange offer - you can buy new Onkyo 7.1 setup in 50k. (e.g. HTS3800)

Thanks a lot for your advice

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back