Changing batteries in APC ups

sidvee

It is possible to change batteries in 600VA APC UPS? I have 2-3 of these units which I keep buying for my projector. They last about 2 years and then the battery is gone. Getting tired of spending 5-6k every couple of years, more importantly cannot tell when the battery dies suddenly and the projector is unprotected. I prefer to invest in an UPS where I can buy a battery every year and keep replacing - if it can be done.
Cheers,
Sid

I get battery of my cheap microtek or luminous ups changed. Cost about 800 bucks for an exide battery. Certainly it should be possible to change batteries on your APC ups.
Thanks Neeraj, do you do it yourself or have to take it to the shop? Prefer to just order a battery online and change it at home if possible. There are replacement APC batteries on amazon for 800-1000, but not sure if anyone has changed theirs. In India, with so many power outages, small UPS battery maintenance/changes should be like changing blades in a razor but surprisingly very little info. on this.
Cheers,
Sid

If you want to do yourself, it is easy. You unscrew the cover and replace the battery. Simple. It is DIY like mentioned in previous reply.
But frankly I still try to get it done at the shop because I more often than not while fixing one thing I break some other thing:confused:. While this shop mainly deals in home inverters and batteries but also keep these small batteries.
Or any local computer shop will be having this battery.

Yes, it is absolutely possible to change the battery yourself. The APC sells the battery at a premium price. Replace them with Exide / Amaron of the same size and Ah is the best solution.

Some APC model has 9Ah batteries, which will be little difficult to find in local shop and might be available to order on demand.
There are some websites that sell the batteries, but they are costly due to shipping charges and adding GST on the payment page.

note:
#When I was looking for battery replacement last month, the best deal I found was in a near by electronic shop.
#Also you will get some reduction when you exchange your old battery.

It is very very easy to change the batteries. Plenty options of batteries in your local electronics market.

Ok thanks Rejin & Mayank, will check it out.
I opened up the unit, need a 12v7Ah unit like Hydrovac mentioned. Checked amazon/flipkart surprisingly there are hardly any decent sellers with good feedback even for exide or amaron options - thought these should be selling like hot cakes with so many UPS sales in the country. Will try to source it from some computer shop. Thanks everyone, btw it is very simple to replace the battery, childs play actually.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I just replaced the battery on my APC UPS 600VA. It is usually damn simple. The only problem that you may run into is how to open the unit. The solution for that is check YouTube for how to open up your particular model. Better buy locally the battery. You can also take it to a car shop to get the old battery recharged. This may make thr battery last about a year more. Then once you have the battery it is just plug and charge. Don't forget to get about. Rs 100 discount on the battery. Or sell it in the local kabbadi shop for between Rs 50-100. Indian juggaad.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back