cheap and beat option to play internet radio

vigneshiyer

hi friends...
what will be the cheapest and the best option to play internet radio stations like from tunein radio or raaga..
I wish to connect the source to my stereo amp.
I know I can connect my phone but are there any other options that won't burn a hole in my pocket and still play good music. Will phone / tablet do a good job?
can the Android stick perform similar functions
not interested in playing movies only need music

thanks in advance
Vignesh

hi friends...
what will be the cheapest and the best option to play internet radio stations like from tunein radio or raaga..
I wish to connect the source to my stereo amp.
I know I can connect my phone but are there any other options that won't burn a hole in my pocket and still play good music. Will phone / tablet do a good job?
can the Android stick perform similar functions
not interested in playing movies only need music

thanks in advance
Vignesh

If you are a bit technically inclined then you can explore the options of using a Raspberry Pi as a Media Server.
One of my friends is using it as a Media Server/Internet Radio running XBMC and it works quite well.

I listen to tunein radio through Ainol tablet attached to my audio system. Cheap and portable option - one can get a decent tablet in the range of Rs.5-6K.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back