Cheap and best 5.1 surround amplifiers

Naveenbnc

Hi guys,

Are there any cheap and best 5.1 surround amplifiers in the market???
Requipment is Something like .... add this amplifier to AirtelDTh settop box and drive 5.1 speakers.

(Everyone is talking about 2.0 sterio amplifiers only... im wondering if 5.1 surround amplifiers are available)

Thanks
Naveen

You can try searching for Yamaha HTR-3067. It is a phased out model.

You can also look for Yamaha YHT-2910 HTiB in Reliance Digital or Vijay Sales which has essentially a Yamaha HTR-3067 AVR in the package.

Yamaha HTR-3067 is the same as the Yamaha RX-V377 in the RX-V line. Yamaha RX-V377 was awarded the best entry level home cinema AVR for the year 2014 by WhatHiFi.

I hope this helps. All the best for your setup!

5.1 surround amplifiers are widely available, also known as AV receivers. Some cheap but good options are Yamaha HTR 3067, Pioneeer VSX 331, Denon AVR x520, etc.

Hi guys,

Are there any cheap and best 5.1 surround amplifiers in the market???
Requipment is Something like .... add this amplifier to AirtelDTh settop box and drive 5.1 speakers.

(Everyone is talking about 2.0 sterio amplifiers only... im wondering if 5.1 surround amplifiers are available)

Thanks
Naveen

You can choose from wide range of AVRs and speakers. Try to avoid using HTiB (Home Theatre in Box) in which you get an entry level AVR and 5.1 speakers (mostly small satellite speaker package).
Go through different threads in the forum to understand how others have chosen their Home Theatre builds.
Getting pre-owned stuff is also a good option to start with, as you get maximum value for your money. lots of options can be found in Sale by Owner section.

Thank you Ayushp306 and dr_rocket,

Please bear with me if im asking a dumb question...
AVR by definition means, both Audio&Video-Reciever. Im looking for an amplifier that process only AUDIO signals.

I mean.. you see that TOPPING TP20 is exclusively audio amplifier. But it is 2.0 sterio. Im looking for similar item with 5.1 surround sound channel.

Lets say TV is not in the equation at all. I want to connect airtel dth to a 5.1 speaker set with this amplifier.

Or, i want to connect my mobile to a 5.1 speaker set with this amplifier. (Not sure if i made my question clear)

Are there any such amplifiers available out there ??

Thanks
Naveen

Last edited:
Thank you Ayushp306 and dr_rocket,

Please bear with me if im asking a dumb question...
AVR by definition means, both Audio&Video-Reciever. Im looking for an amplifier that process only AUDIO signals.

I mean.. you see that TOPPING TP20 is exclusively audio amplifier. But it is 2.0 sterio. Im looking for similar item with 5.1 surround sound channel.

Lets say TV is not in the equation at all. I want to connect airtel dth to a 5.1 speaker set with this amplifier. Or, i want to connect my mobile to a 5.1 speaker set with this amplifier. (Not sure if i made my question clear)

Are there any such amplifiers available out there ??

Thanks
Naveen

AVR will do the job. No separate audio only 5.1 amplifier available as nobody will buy that. 5.1 sound is usually with video only.

1. Airtel DTH>HDMI>AVR>5.1 speaker (video routed to TV by HDMI cable from AVR, if you switch TV off, no picture, only sound)

2. Airtel DTH>optical out>AVR> 5.1speaker (video via HDMI to TV bypassing AVR); but Dolby digital may not be obtained in this route

3. Mobile>AUX cable> AVR analog in> 2 channel music (or simulated 5 channel)

4. IPOD/IPAD/IPHONE>dock connector to USB cable>AVR usb port> digitally stream music to AVR which AVR converts to analog> 2 channel music (or simulated 5 channel)

Music always sounds at it's best in 2 channel stereo since it's recorded that way.

Stereo imaging is best created with 2 channel speaker system with a good integrated stereo amplifier.

I would stay away from 5.1 channel for listening to music.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back