• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Cheap AVR with preout

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

tomonpublic

Whichis the cheapest AVR with preout option?

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

tomonpublic

How cheap are we discussing here? Do you have budget in mind? Any other specs? New or pre worshipped?

MaSh
I am looking for a possible cheapest option. I mostly use stereo. But thought of adding surround. Not looking for a great one. Even if its cheap than nr1408, i am ok with that.

Used one also preferred

Naturelover

Staff member
Do you have a stereo integrated or power amp and speakers? Better if you clarify what you have now and what are you looking to add.

Naturelover

Staff member
Firstly you will be losing a very nice pre amp. The pre amp of an inexpensive AVR will not be any match.
What is your ratio of movie and music requirement? If predominantly music, it might be better to stay with the stereo amp.
But if you must go for 5.1, also consider selling the stereo amp and getting a better AVR.

tomonpublic

Firstly you will be losing a very nice pre amp. The pre amp of an inexpensive AVR will not be any match.
What is your ratio of movie and music requirement? If predominantly music, it might be better to stay with the stereo amp.
But if you must go for 5.1, also consider selling the stereo amp and getting a better AVR.

I am satisfied with the Pm 6006 for music. However when watching movies, I feel I am lacking the surrounds. So my plan is to connect only the Centre and Surrounds to the AVR. The fronts are connected only to 6006(amp). 1 input of 6006 comes from the pre-out of AVR. 2nd input of 6006 comes directly from the source. Will use 2nd input for music and 1st for movies. Thats the plan.

MaSh

I am satisfied with the Pm 6006 for music. However when watching movies, I feel I am lacking the surrounds. So my plan is to connect only the Centre and Surrounds to the AVR. The fronts are connected only to 6006(amp). 1 input of 6006 comes from the pre-out of AVR. 2nd input of 6006 comes directly from the source. Will use 2nd input for music and 1st for movies. Thats the plan.
That's a good plan and should work well. The only tricky part would be to volume match the receiver and stereo amp to get the right gain during audyssey runs. It's easy once you get the hang of it. I have a marantz 1504 and used it with a couple of stereo amps this very way.

Where are you located?

MaSh

tomonpublic

That's a good plan and should work well. The only tricky part would be to volume match the receiver and stereo amp to get the right gain during audyssey runs. It's easy once you get the hang of it. I have a marantz 1504 and used it with a couple of stereo amps this very way.

Where are you located?

MaSh
Located in bangalore

efernand1

Yes it does......1508 is 50 watts at 8 ohms ....5.2 channel avr

1608 is 50 watts at 8 ohms...7.2 channel avr...you can have a 5.2 setup and use the remaining channels as bi amp for front speakers or Speakers B as required.

Works quite well.... @MaSh uses the same NR series.....

You can audition if required with dealers located near you!

Last edited:

Naturelover

Staff member
Sorry, my bad. Of course, you should be able to use the PM6006 pre.
That's a good plan and should work well. The only tricky part would be to volume match the receiver
The PM6006 has a 'record' input. If this is used for the AVR input, will the PM6006 volume control still be in play?
Does it have the same output power as nr1608? If yes, i will go with this.
https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/marantz-nr1608

hifitoaster

I have a Marantz SR 8500 (older model) whose pre outs are connected to an Myryad Pre - power for stereo and the rest of the speakers are connected to the AVR. the thing i noticed is the change in sound signature of the Marantz and the Arcam. If you have the Marantz for stereo and then I suggest another marantz atleast to have a Marantz 'house-sound' for better seemless experience. Are you going to have the same series speakers for center and surrounds? If not , nothing matters. you can get any amp, and its not going to be pleasant anyway. I too had the same thoughts as you some years back (need surrounds for movies ;)

Indranil Sen

tomonpublic- People normally upgrade from an AVR to an integrated amplifier such as the one you currently have. Besides the pre-outs of an even good quality AVR wouldn't sound as good as your dedicated 2 channel integrated amplifier. So I wouldn't get rid of the Marantz integrated amplifier given that your primary listening is 2 channel music.
If you need HT environment it is recommended to use a separate set of components ideally in a different place or room for best results.