Cheap but reliable office projector?

Santy

Hey guys
My friend who is into wildlife photography is looking for a cheap projector for presentations. Needs to be compact/ portable. He was looking at something like this.

Portable LED Projector for TV, DVD, PC, Laptop - 45 inch projection, SD, USB, AV | eBay

LED Entertainment cum Business Projector with Remote & Tripod Stand Price - Buy LED Entertainment cum Business Projector with Remote & Tripod Stand Price in India, Best Prices n Review

Here are the answers to the questions I asked him

- What size of projection expected?
Small, mostly in a hotel room - to carry during our field expeditions

- What it will be connected to
Laptop

- Will it be used in total darkness or with some ambient light
with some ambient light

- Will it be used for PPT or photo/ video use
mostly PPT / sometimes photo / video

- Will you mind spending more for a proper, branded projector like Benq/ Epson etc or just any Chinese product will do
it is likely to undergo wear and tear. I may need more than 2 pieces.

Are there any other suggestions?

In my office there are LED projectors from LG, Acer and such. These are mainly in the small conference rooms (large rooms have expensive equipment). You can check thodse out. The projectors are quite good with quite some ambient light for presentations, spreadsheet /documents view, etc.

Here are the answers to the questions I asked him

- What size of projection expected?
Small, mostly in a hotel room - to carry during our field expeditions

- What it will be connected to
Laptop

- Will it be used in total darkness or with some ambient light
with some ambient light

- Will it be used for PPT or photo/ video use
mostly PPT / sometimes photo / video

Are there any other suggestions?
Hi Santy,
For the above purpose a Short Throw projectors will be Ideal. Look out for Benq ST series. Will work wonders for small room presentation and can easily be projected on any coloured walls.
LED projectors are newer & compact option but I'm not sure of it's usage with some ambient light. Experts can pitch in.
Cheers
Sam

Thanks Sam and Kix.
Yes, big screen in not really the objective.
Will look into the suggested options.

EDIT: The cheapest Benq ST projector seems to be 40k which is quite high for the requirement. :(

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back