Cheap LCD or LED TV under Rs 8000?

Claps

Hey guys , I want to buy a super cheap LCD or LED Tv for under Rs 8000.
M gonna use it in my hostel to play PS3..
I need-
-HDMI
-Composite Input
-max 20 inch screen
-1366 x 768 resolution
-Easy portability

I found 2 options:
1.AOC-le16a133361
AOC LE16A1333/61 Online Price in India, Specifications, Reviews, Features : Televisions - Compare India

-16 inch ( too small??)
-LED
-HDMI
-Rs 6500

2.Toshiba 19HV10ZE LED
Toshiba 19HV10ZE LED 19 inches HD Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

- 19 inch (good enough for me)
-LED
-HDMI
-RS 7000-8500

Will the AOC LED be too small (16 inch) ..M leaning more towards it..
Plz suggest some more..

Last edited:
Hey guys , I want to buy a super cheap LCD or LED Tv for under Rs 8000.
M gonna use it in my hostel to play PS3..
I need-
-HDMI
-Composite Input
-max 20 inch screen
-1366 x 768 resolution
-Easy portability

I found 2 options:
1.AOC-le16a133361
AOC LE16A1333/61 Online Price in India, Specifications, Reviews, Features : Televisions - Compare India

-16 inch ( too small??)
-LED
-HDMI
-Rs 6500

2.Toshiba 19HV10ZE LED
Toshiba 19HV10ZE LED 19 inches HD Television - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

- 19 inch (good enough for me)
-LED
-HDMI
-RS 7000-8500

Will the AOC LED be too small (16 inch) ..M leaning more towards it..
Plz which some more..

16 inch doesn't make any scene if you want to hook ps3.

Check for monitor (computer) & F&D 2.1 speaker.
i guess you will get 20+ inch monitor in that range.
Dell IN2030M 20 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor: Flipkart.com

or you can look for used one, if you sitting at a distance of 2-3 feet, anything less then 22" is waste of investment.

16 inch doesn't make any scene if you want to hook ps3.

Check for monitor (computer) & F&D 2.1 speaker.
i guess you will get 20+ inch monitor in that range.
Dell IN2030M 20 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor: Flipkart.com

or you can look for used one, if you sitting at a distance of 2-3 feet, anything less then 22" is waste of investment.

The Dell model doesn't have HDMI n Composite Videio/Audio in...

Btw I saw more options on Snapdeal..
IGrasp -I Grasp 17L11 18 Inches HD LED

I Grasp 17L11 18 Inches Full HD LED Television - Buy Online @ Snapdeal.com

-Rs 7700
-LED
-18 inch
-HDMI

Better to go for this deal right?

-

You seem to be a student because you mentioned hostel. If that is so, as an "oldie" and "a (senile) senior", let me advice you ... please abandon the idea. Concentrate on your studies and degree which should be the main thing on your mind right now. There will be enough time for games/PS3/etc., later on in life.

Getting jobs is not easy these days. I work in a reputed IT firm at a senior position and am involved in recruitment. These days we have become very selective and reject fresh engineers below 65% or grade 7. I am sure that there are quite a few deserving candidates in the bunch we reject but there is no way to judge them apart from their marks.

You may say that you will give adequate time to studies and control gaming, etc. But I have seen many cases of young (and even old) people becoming addicts to games. I hope you take this in the right spirit.

You seem to be a student because you mentioned hostel. If that is so, as an "oldie" and "a (senile) senior", let me advice you ... please abandon the idea. Concentrate on your studies and degree which should be the main thing on your mind right now. There will be enough time for games/PS3/etc., later on in life.

Getting jobs is not easy these days. I work in a reputed IT firm at a senior position and am involved in recruitment. These days we have become very selective and reject fresh engineers below 65% or grade 7. I am sure that there are quite a few deserving candidates in the bunch we reject but there is no way to judge them apart from their marks.

You may say that you will give adequate time to studies and control gaming, etc. But I have seen many cases of young (and even old) people becoming addicts to games. I hope you take this in the right spirit.

You are quite right dear! life has become quite harsh now-a-days.....god bless

Yeah you are right...M addicted to online multiplayer games.Dota 1 Dota 2 .. I play console games which are gg good like Metal gear solid series and God Of War.. N yes my marks have lowered compared to my high school marks...12 pass kab hoga pata nahi lol
Neways thanks for your advice bro..
n I found a deal Micromax 20m22 hd led -8000 Rs from snapdeal.. (can't help it :eek:hyeah: )
-20 inch LED
-2 HDMI (wow)
-USB
-PC VGA port
Great value for money :yahoo:

Last edited:
Firstly, I would, as another oldie, second just4kix's advice.

But if you must, I would suggest you go through the Snapdeal thread on the forum before putting your money.
Always remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
I see it for 8490 on Snapdeal. 8990 on infibeam might be more advisable.

:)

This is One of the Biggest and fantastic BUMP i have seen in HFV.

Just adding My 2 Cents.

If you are Looking for a Gaming then am sure going for a New Would be really not Much Advisable- If you have ample of Money in Pockets and using them sometimes as Tissue Paper you could Go Ahead with New.

Electronics are very poor in Resale value, In case you going to make it for your Home then its Fine, Just for Gaming dont spend much, You could get One Half on cost of New Piece and just hand over to some one without biting your Hands later.

Point 2.
I dont know Why, But am not interested in VG since childhood and my childhood environment was occupied with All Brick Game Lovers and till now i am around people spending on new Games\applications on their Android.

You could have interest on VG and just stick to a time table, Enjoy the Ride of Fun in Life also Dont Miss the track.

One of my brothers is a addict for VG , He is good in studies but he lost the Char of Listening to others.

Finally as few FM's adviced, Just go for 22'' and not lesser to it. All the best for your career too.

:)

This is One of the Biggest and fantastic BUMP i have seen in HFV.

Just adding My 2 Cents.

If you are Looking for a Gaming then am sure going for a New Would be really not Much Advisable- If you have ample of Money in Pockets and using them sometimes as Tissue Paper you could Go Ahead with New.

Electronics are very poor in Resale value, In case you going to make it for your Home then its Fine, Just for Gaming dont spend much, You could get One Half on cost of New Piece and just hand over to some one without biting your Hands later.

Point 2.
I dont know Why, But am not interested in VG since childhood and my childhood environment was occupied with All Brick Game Lovers and till now i am around people spending on new Games\applications on their Android.

You could have interest on VG and just stick to a time table, Enjoy the Ride of Fun in Life also Dont Miss the track.

One of my brothers is a addict for VG , He is good in studies but he lost the Char of Listening to others.

Finally as few FM's adviced, Just go for 22'' and not lesser to it. All the best for your career too.

Na bro..I don't use money as tissue paper :p ..M jst from a simple middle class family. N good to hear you bro is a gamer + good in studies.Nice combo..

I wish I could go for 22 inch but m on a tight budget ..I could afford max sum of Rs 8000-9000.. I guess I have for a settle cheap deal( my intention from the beginning LOL)

Btw this forum is really a serious one.. Zzz ..I thought it was like most of the online sites (full of trolls and non serious comments) ..This forum is high quality gg stuff man.. Respect :) ..

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back