Cheap transport for DacMagic

Adhiraj

Hi Guys ,
Im looking to buy a nice cheap transport (CDP) for my CA DacMagic , not looking to spend too much moolah , currently I am using an elcheapo Philips DVD player which is on the fritz and im looking to toss it out in the garbage soon.I was wondering if there are any good units available in India under Rs.10,000 , maybe like a samsung blu ray disc player something that can output a sample rate of 48 or 96 and has a decent clock ?

Thanks for the suggestions (in advance albeit)

Regards,

Adhiraj/SoundLogic.

Hi Guys ,
Im looking to buy a nice cheap transport (CDP) for my CA DacMagic , not looking to spend too much moolah , currently I am using an elcheapo Philips DVD player which is on the fritz and im looking to toss it out in the garbage soon.I was wondering if there are any good units available in India under Rs.10,000 , maybe like a samsung blu ray disc player something that can output a sample rate of 48 or 96 and has a decent clock ?

Thanks for the suggestions (in advance albeit)

Regards,

Adhiraj/SoundLogic.

You need something with a linear power supply. Very few choices ( almost nil ) available below budget audiophile CDPs.

--G0bble

@adhiraj: you mentioned 48/96. Do you mean you want to play high resolution files from a CD transport?

If yes, then AFAIK, a CD transport will output audio CD sampling rate of 44.1 kHz. I don't know if there are physical transports that can play higher sampling and higher (than 16 bit) bit rates off of a CD. You will need to check this.

PC playout with a good audio card will be a different game. You must seriously think along this path. I'm a new covert.

Linear power supply ?

I have tried the Oppo-BDP-80 as a transport with the PD NOS DAC as well as Shigaraki. Earlier I used to prefer the Oppo to the Marantz CDP, as I thought it sounded better.

Now I hear more keenly the effects of a smps in the Oppo power supply when used as a transport and t he SQ is adversely affected. So I dont use the Oppo anymore and I wouldn't use anything with an smps in it.

HTH
--G0bble

TEAC is a good place to start. Even their basic cd players have very very decent transports.

A second option would be to hunt for a JVC cd player. They have excellent digital outs.

... What I was going to say: "It's called a PC."

:cool:

My audio PC is coming .. but nothing like inserting a CD and playing back immediately.
Maybe I will try adding a spare CDROM I have into my audio PC and see if it plays with flow and p.r.a.t :)

--G0bble

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back