Cheapest DAC for 305P mk2

amalanil

I recently got the JBL 305 mk2 monitors for my pc. Blew all my money on that. Sound coming out of my motherboard sucks.

So I'm looking for the cheapest dac available that would do justice to this wonderful pair.

Bluetooth is a plus but not necessary.

+ 1 for Fiio.. I have purchased Fiio BTR1K headphone amp + Dac.. and happy with its performance.. It can be used as a usb Dac as well ( never tried though). Using it as a Bluetooth receiver basically.

Question is what is now available now to buy. Schitt modi 3 will be my pick too if its available to buy. Thats a DAC with line level output where as fiios offering though they are good, they all lack true line outs. Same with audioquest dragonfly. If you want to spend the cheapest (though its the same like the other devices mentioned here- no true line out)and get the max value it would be the apples usb c to 3.5mm dongle. Loudness can be fixed with foobar asio driver. Or get the samsungs type c dongle. Its neutral like a odac or similar compared to apple it lacks midbass energy a bit. But it has more sparkle on the top. It measures decent and is only around 1000 rupees.

If you want to get the highest value for money on your system altogether, these two dongles can be a candidate.

+1 for Fiio if you want very cheap but good one. I use Fiio E10K along with Edifier R1280DB for my PC and laptops. It creates a different world than connecting these speakers to motherboard audio out.

I recently got the JBL 305 mk2 monitors for my pc. Blew all my money on that. Sound coming out of my motherboard sucks.

So I'm looking for the cheapest dac available that would do justice to this wonderful pair.

Bluetooth is a plus but not necessary.
How cheap are you looking at? Fix a budget based on which you can get suggestions.

Check this one out. Getting this you will not be looking to upgrade any time soon.

Khadas Tone Board

MaSh

Last edited:
How cheap are you looking at? Fix a budget based on which you can get suggestions.

Check this one out. Getting this you will not be looking to upgrade any time soon.

Khadas Tone Board

MaSh
Didn't know KTB was available on Amazon. With the case, it is ₹500 more that US price!! Total VFM product under 10k based on measurements and reviews.

Well, since I'm broke I changed my plans a bit. For the time being I'm not buying a dac. Instead I'm getting a used sound sound card from a friend(i know most of you may disapprove) but this is the only improvement my pockets can afford as of now. I'm getting one from creative sound blaster series. I have used this card before for my cheap ass philips speakers and even that speaker sounded better :D so I guess I will find happiness in this setup for now. :)

Khadas Tone Board

MaSh

Since plans are changed, I'm not anymore looking for the cheapest but umm yeah cheap ofcourse I'm down for anything under 10k but ready to squeeze out upto 15k if it's worth it. I ditched Bluetooth. It would be a plus if I could connect my android.
And since I bought myself some time , i have a friend coming from US once the current scene settles down. So availability is not much of an issue I guess.

Right now I'm facing a very different issue. I ordered this cable for connecting the speakers to pc but unfortunately length of the cable after splitting is just few inches so it's useless for connecting two different speakers at a distance. I'm searching the whole internet but it's very hard. Does anybody have experience in this ?

Above all , thank you so much for all the suggestions. This is an amazing community. Keep up the good work :)

Since plans are changed, I'm not anymore looking for the cheapest but umm yeah cheap ofcourse I'm down for anything under 10k but ready to squeeze out upto 15k if it's worth it. I ditched Bluetooth. It would be a plus if I could connect my android.
And since I bought myself some time , i have a friend coming from US once the current scene settles down. So availability is not much of an issue I guess.
Oh okay, so which one are you looking to get from US?

Right now I'm facing a very different issue. I ordered this cable for connecting the speakers to pc but unfortunately length of the cable after splitting is just few inches so it's useless for connecting two different speakers at a distance. I'm searching the whole internet but it's very hard. Does anybody have experience in this ?

Above all , thank you so much for all the suggestions. This is an amazing community. Keep up the good work :)
I was in the same boat as yours when I got my pair of Mackie MR624. Luckily I found a 3.5mm to RCA connector and used my Hidizs DAC dongle to get the USB out from my PC.

Oh okay, so which one are you looking to get from US?

I'm not particularly eyeing on anything. I will take all the suggestions into considerations along with the learning curve I'm about to take with this beautifully sounding speakers and decide which is the best for me when it's time .

I'm not particularly eyeing on anything. I will take all the suggestions into considerations along with the learning curve I'm about to take with this beautifully sounding speakers and decide which is the best for me when it's time .
Cool. Good luck.

MaSh

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back