cheapest speakers for dta1?

yuvaraki

Hi All,

I'm in a fix! I own 'AL BXR 1221 2.1' speakers.
I ordered 'HRT Music streamer 2' and 'Dayton Audio dta 1'.
PC is my source.
Dont have enough money to upgrade speakers now.
However as far as my research(which i started after ordering dta1 :)) goes, there is no way to connect to DTA1 to the BXR 1221. I opened a separate thread for it. In case you can help, please post ur reply here!
Now my question is, 'what is the cheapest(yet well-rated like dayton audio b652) speakers set that i can get here in India. If i can get really gud speakers, i will try to squeeze out some money to get them!
Also let me know if we can get b652 in India!
Please help(n please bear with a noob here)!! :)

i did this with mx5021 and topping. dont know about your speaker set.
sent the pc's subwoofer out to the sub.
sent the pc's mains out to the amp which drives the speakers.

Thnx for the info! i din know that we could use the amp to drive speakers and the sub out to drive the woofer.!

My understanding is that mx5021 are powered speakers. How come you are using them with the amp? As per whatever lil understanding i have till now, we need speakers to be passive to be used with amps! :confused::confused::confused: For example Dayton audio b653 has only one connector at the back and that is for the speakers cable! Nothing else. Im looking for such passive speakers which are as good and as cheap as B652s.

Anyone know about official Dayton Audio dealer in India? Or how much extra cost would i incure if i get these imported to India. They r currently selling for around 40 USD.

My understanding is that mx5021 are powered speakers. How come you are using them with the amp? As per whatever lil understanding i have till now, we need speakers to be passive to be used with amps! :confused::confused::confused: For example Dayton audio b653 has only one connector at the back and that is for the speakers cable! Nothing else. Im looking for such passive speakers which are as good and as cheap as B652s.

Anyone know about official Dayton Audio dealer in India? Or how much extra cost would i incure if i get these imported to India. They r currently selling for around 40 USD.

Yes they are, but the amp is not inside the speaker. its inside the subwoofer for both channels and for the sub. sub gives speaker outputs which goes to the speakers.

The sound card's green output (mains out) goes to the dta1, which drives the speakers. sound card's orange (or whatever color) goes to subwoofer which just drives the sub.

You will need to set the crossover in the pc sound card configuration. Check the AL manual, it will specify at what point it uses the crossover to sub. You need to set it to pproximately the same value. This will define at what frequency the sub takes over from the speakers. It should be somewhere in the range of 80hz-200hz or something like that.

thanks for the reply but unfortunately my speakers are the ones that have the line-out connected unlike yours what you mentioned. And that cable is non-detachable. Needless to say sub is connected to this right speaker. I can only disconnect the sub from the right speaker.

there are 2 non-detachable cables. One for the line-out that goes to line-out of the PC and one that connects to the left speaker.
There are 2 ports and one is for power, other is for connecting the sub.
Hope, you get an idea now! :)

DIY..
Try the 500 rs Philips full range driver and build a el-cheapo cabinet for it.

May be you can go open baffle with it.

tooo new to try that DIY stuff bro!! neways thnx! i crave for gud audio but i prefer palying it safe(in terms of audio quality) by trusting the colletive wisdom of professionals working at audio companies than my DIY skills, u knw wat i mean! :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back