Chinese amplifiers and DACs?

anirudhchandrashekar

Hey guys,

So I settled for the Dali Zensor 3 speakers. Currently running it in my HT setup for run in. Planning to move it into the room soon.

Has any of you had any 'wow' experiences with chinese amps and DACs?

I am curious enough to try one for the Z3. I usually shop on Aliexpress, so if its available there its fine too and I am open to used offers as well (incase you have any for sale)

So yeah, is there a Chinese AMP or a DAC which made you think twice about spending on the big boys?

Most big boys also manufacture in China. I used to have a Holiday and then acquired a Vincent which I use off and on. Happy with both purchases.

The major thing to keep in mind is the resale on them unless you buy very cheap stuff, roughly 40,000 or less. These have more quality issues comparatively.

Has any of you had any 'wow' experiences with chinese amps and DACs?

Yes.. I had SMSL Q5 Pro & SMSL IDOL USB Dac...The size of the amp is less than a STB and bigger than external HDD.. For the size, they offer impressive performance..

So yeah, is there a Chinese AMP or a DAC which made you think twice about spending on the big boys?

Honestly, i would ditch the traditional stereo amplifiers any day for these cute chinese amps.. They have digital inputs, sub-out, bluetooth, USB & Micro SD card support for audio playback which the traditional amps don't offer..If the chinese amps had network capability, they would have been a bomb..

SMSL, FX audio have plenty of models between them under $150 on aliexpress.. If it interests you, you should try one..

Some models to consider - FX Audio D802, FX Audio M160E, FX Audio M200E, SMSL Q5 Pro, SMSL AD18..

I'm using SMSL M8 with my Zensor 3, they're doing pretty good, I think coz I haven't compared it to any other DAC. Still haven't used the LPSU with it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back