Chinese Mobile Hand Sets

pnreddy

Hi,

I recently purchased a Chinese Mobile Phone. I downloaded the Chinese Mobile PC Suite. But I am unable to sync it with the Outlook Express. If any of the forum members have had better luck in transferring the address book from the PC to a Chinese mobile phone, I would appreciate it if you could let me know how. Thanks in advance.

P.N.Reddy

Reddy, I would suggest that you just throw the mobile away and buy one from reputed company. Chinese mobiles are made by sell and run companies, and you will not get any support.

Cheers

Hi,

In addition, China is dumping lot of plastic and electronics, which are potentially hazardous, into our market. So, we must avoid as much as buying goods that are below standards or unbranded.

below standards will answer the question, "Why so, most of the products are made or assembled in China even though designed in other countries."

Cheers!

China is the greatest menace to Indian Security, Market and Economy.
Discourage Chinese Companies from selling garbage products in our Countries.

Reddy, I would suggest that you just throw the mobile away and buy one from reputed company. Chinese mobiles are made by sell and run companies, and you will not get any support.

Cheers

+1 to that. I had a Chinese 'Sci-phone' purchased through eBay India supplier who was 'gracious' enough to provide the PC suite software but which never worked no matter how much I tried by changing settings/ downloading different drivers.:mad: Later, I found on other forums that I was not the only miserable one to face this issue.:eek:

You cant avoid China Items, Recently I bought Wharfedale Speakers set (9.1, 9CS, Sub150 & WH2) all where manufactured in China. Later I came to know that John Barell of China is manufacturing these speakers for Wharfedale.

John Barell 5.1 with front floor standing speakers are available for less than 10000/- in the Burma Bazaar market while the wharfedale 9.1 smallest speaker sells for 12,000/-

Sometime I feel why I invested so much money on Western branded, made in Chine products.

Most of the TV's including SONY LCD's are made in China.

That reminds me a Joke.

"If everything is made in China is God is a Chinese"

You cant avoid China Items, Recently I bought Wharfedale Speakers set (9.1, 9CS, Sub150 & WH2) all where manufactured in China. Later I came to know that John Barell of China is manufacturing these speakers for Wharfedale.

John Barell 5.1 with front floor standing speakers are available for less than 10000/- in the Burma Bazaar market while the wharfedale 9.1 smallest speaker sells for 12,000/-

Sometime I feel why I invested so much money on Western branded, made in Chine products.

Most of the TV's including SONY LCD's are made in China.

That reminds me a Joke.

"If everything is made in China is God is a Chinese"

Are you sure about Wharfs being made in China ? Can you post some link.

Sorry for keeping up the OT, but most IAG products are made in China, so your Wharfes, your Quads, Missions, Audiolabs etc are all made in China, because....hey.....they're all now owned by a Chinese company :)

And to Mr. Reddy, it might be useful to avoid the Chinese phones, as there are no standards of safety that they are required to comply with as opposed to phones from reputed manufacturers.

There is a difference.

Most branded manufacturers use China as a assembly or manufacturing base for cost factors. The products are designed elsewhere, and the manufacturing plant is given very specific instructions as to what parts to use and how to do the assembly. Many of these companies usually have their senior representative permanently posted in China to ensure what is instructed is followed. This is similar to what Hyundai, Suzuki, Honda and other companies do in India, as well as what software companies do.

What we are talking about is a Chinese product made, designed and made by a Chinese company. Many Chinese companies use their manufacturing base to make cheap copies which look similar to a international product but have complete trash inside. And that is where the catch is.

Cheers

Last edited:
These Chinese phones are great... as a programmer, I find them much more hackable than iPhone/HTC/Nokia.

Nothing (Including baseband) is locked so you can tweak ANYTHING you want. One example is boosting radio reception + transmission(Increases power consumption too).

There is a large community of people who release low level patches and custom ROMs.

And even if you manage to brick it, they are cheap.

Just don't use them as primary phone ;)

Thanks for all the responses. I wish I had posted my query before purchasing the Chinese mobile. Well, you live and learn.

Cheers

+1 to that. I had a Chinese 'Sci-phone' purchased through eBay India supplier who was 'gracious' enough to provide the PC suite software but which never worked no matter how much I tried by changing settings/ downloading different drivers.:mad: Later, I found on other forums that I was not the only miserable one to face this issue.:eek:

Samehere ...bought with ebay discount coupon, never liked it ,some minor issues,one servicing from supplier at rs 300 + two visits from Vashi to Jogeshwari....

End result ...sold it!

Nearly 80% of the branded products where ever they are purchased in the world have chinese mark .Either they are assembled in china or made in china. Because of the cheap labour available there many of the noted Industrial gaints heve located their factories there. Generally these people takes all care from their technology being stolen , but off late china is becoming a great stealer and making cheap products and leaving them on countries like us where people are deprived of having them by our own so called induatrial gaints who does not invest on R & D and sells outdated products at exorbitant rates.

Regards

Wharfedales are assembled in china . Not only Wharfedales even Cambridge , NAD Etc are assembled in china or in other Asian countries.

Regards

The so called 'desi' cellphones like Micromax, Olive, Spice, Karbonn, Videocon, Onida are all made in China !!! I think you cannot avoid chinese when it comes to electronics :(

any idea on G-fone 777 ,saw the good review of it on AV max,is it chinese or indian made?
is it any good for 4500rs?

Last edited:
Dear Subhash,

I thought the AVMax price was over Rs.5,000. I think the G-Fone is also a Chinese make. They are advertising it to ride piggy back on the Google G-Phone. When I first read the article in AV Max I thought it was a Google phone. When you google for GPhone you get both Gphone as well as gfone. I think it is a marketing ploy.

Regards

Dear Subhash,

I thought the AVMax price was over Rs.5,000. I think the G-Fone is also a Chinese make. They are advertising it to ride piggy back on the Google G-Phone. When I first read the article in AV Max I thought it was a Google phone. When you google for GPhone you get both Gphone as well as gfone. I think it is a marketing ploy.

Regards

its 4500 direct from distributor
and i think its G-fone 777

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back