Chinese/ non-branded electric shavers??

shredder

On the subject of electric shavers...... we have all seen those uber-expensive shavers from reputed brands like Braun, Panasonic, Philips, Remington, etc.
At the other end of the spectrum we have these Chinese electric shavers which sell for a few hundred. So my question is regarding whether these Chinese shavers are capable of giving you a reasonably good shave or are they useless.
People with experience please let us know your opinions and experiences.

No replies so far............
Anyway, I went ahead and got me one of those Toshiko electric shavers on eBay. The shaver is made in China. It's proudly labelled so in bold on the box. In a way I find this declaration to be quite assuring. It's when they label a Chinese product as made in USA that consumers ought to be worried.
The advantage of purchasing a shaver like this is that it is very cheap. Hardly costs 300 INR (but as with all things, you have to look at different sellers since prices vary from seller to seller). So even if electric shaving is not for you, you don't stand to lose too much. Which will not be the case if you go in for one of those expensive Philips shavers. And you can do so many other things with the shaver, which vibrates, even if you don't intend to use it for shaving. Er ahem, ladies, need I say more??? :D
The package contains a spare set of blades which is a good thing. Now on to quality of shave. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the shave I got. This shaver is capable of giving a close shave. And no nicks either. Of course, I got a burning sensation too, but from what I've heard your skin needs about 2 weeks to adjust to the electric shaver's action. Now I know that it is made in China, and while it may not last for long, for now I am very happy with the shave quality. Value for money, I would call it.

Last edited:
Hi on your topic about chinese shavers...i was also interested in verifying if they are any good...about Toshiko i dont know, but i know about Flyco!!!
This is a verry verry good brand, so i saw the good reviews on aliexpress so i bought one....its been 4 years now since i bought it, and i still use it, it still shaves very good, the battery seems to be weaker but still last for 6 shaves,6 good shaves, and remember its 4 years old model. Now there is a better one Flyco FS339 model, its STRONG 8 watts double stronger then mine shaver, with better longer lasting faster charging battery, but i would be cautious about being waterproof, instead of putting it under water i suggest wiping it with a moist towel or paper and drying it afterwards...so you can use it for a long long time!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back