Choice of Fabric for DIY projector screen

tomonpublic

Hi FMs,

Decided to go for DIY projector screen as per Elango and other FM's suggestions.

Can you please clarify my below doubts?

1. I am constructing a screen which can be used on both day and night. So based on the suggestions, I decided to go for Silver Grey colour. Is this a wise choice?

2. Which kind of fabric should I use for the screen? I am least bothered about the acoustic transparent. Because I am planning to mount the screen directly on the wall. No speakers behind.

3. Since i am attaching the screen directly to the wall, i need a fabric which do not reflect the light back from the wall. Also reflective light on the adjacent walls should be minimized. In this case, what kind of fabric should i consider? Thick Single fabric or multiple layers (grey on top of black)?

4. Most importantly the fabric should be a cost effective one.

Note: I cannot paint my wall with grey due to several restrictions.

1. I am constructing a screen which can be used on both day and night. So based on the suggestions, I decided to go for Silver Grey colour. Is this a wise choice?

Recently, a FM using dark grey over black spandex and the said the results were good..

2. Which kind of fabric should I use for the screen? I am least bothered about the acoustic transparent. Because I am planning to mount the screen directly on the wall. No speakers behind.

Eventhough you don't need the screen to be AT, Lycra spandex is the one aval locally and very much affordable..Am not aware on other fabric screen material that can be used, please wait for other FM to pitch in..

3. Since i am attaching the screen directly to the wall, i need a fabric which do not reflect the light back from the wall. Also reflective light on the adjacent walls should be minimized. In this case, what kind of fabric should i consider? Thick Single fabric or multiple layers (grey on top of black)?

When i tried doing the AT screen, i was suggested by FM @manoj.p to add a back layer (black) behind the white screen to prevent light loss & it did.. You could also do the same..

4. Most importantly the fabric should be a cost effective one.

Note: I cannot paint my wall with grey due to several restrictions.

You may also consider a map type screen (Vinyl based) which you can directly nail to the wall around the 4 corners.. They shouldn't be too expensive compared over DIY fabric screen's effort - https://www.amazon.in/Luzon-Dzire-P...016&sr=8-9&keywords=map+type+projector+screen

One more link - https://www.amazon.in/ELCOR-Project...=8-31&keywords=map+type+projector+screen&th=1

I have done this excercise already. A dark grey screen did the magic.

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...arent-dark-grey-diy-screen.69579/#post-765489

Just see my above thread.

Getting Dark grey is the tough task I could manage.

Don' t go for Pattak or Kongu wood they are all heavy and stapling the cloth is difficult. Go for the woo which is used for making boxes, it's lite in weight easy to work with and for hanging. The screen material is Spandex (Lycra fine) and the GSM should be 250. Do not stretch the cloth beyond 10-15% max otherwise you will have light leakage. The total cost incurred by me was 6K.

The wood to go for is pine wood. Its light and used for packing material and easy to staple.

For the screen material, you can reach out to the cinema screen providers. I had contacted one, but he was not interested in outstation buyers as he was based out of Chennai.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back