I am selling my 2 month old Chord Qutest DAC (purchase date 11 July). This is a well reviewed and respected DAC from Chord Electronics and replaces the Chord2Qute. It comes with 3 yr Indian warranty and provides a great and detailed, dynamic sound. Though this DAC needs no introductions but I will be honest in presenting my fair opinions about this DAC and you can read all over internet for other opinions.
- remarkable clarity and completely transparent.
- usb isolation is world class, and no need to use any isolators, this is an awesome reason to have this.
- great timing and dynamics.
- great instrument separation and a big soundstage. You will really get the feel of depth of music, wont say 3d sound but it's like sound from behind the sound
- great dynamic range and no distortion whatsoever even at highest volume levels.
- output voltage can be selected (3v, 2v, 1v)
- Acoustic string based instruments like guitars sound really awesome on this DAC.
Asking price: 77k
Reason for selling: I am now leaning towards a NOS based dac which has a much more mellowed down kind of sound but this is not a distressed sale. This is an opportunity for anyone who has been looking to buy this DAC.
Important: The optical input flap of the DAC has broken from one of its hinges and can come off easily. This doesn't affect the sound or functionality of the DAC as such but one needs to be careful in plugging the optical cable in so that the flap is in place otherwise the cable wont stick in. This is only a problem if you change optical cables very frequently, not at all a problem if you dont use optical cables. Other than this issue, the DAC is in pristine condition like new with all accessories and original box and bill.
Anyone interested please PM me.
Connectivity (input): USB Type B (White): 44.1kHz – 768kHz – 16bit – 32bit
2x BNC Coax (Red): 44.1kHz – 768kHz – 16bit – 32bit
Optical (Green): 44.1kHz – 192kHz – 16bit – 24bit
Connectivity (output): 1x stereo pair of RCA (Left and Right)
PCM support: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 717.6kHz, and 768kHz.
DSD support: Native playback supported. DSD64 (Single) to DSD512 (Octa-DSD)
Variable output: Fixed, but selectable between 3v (blue), 2v (green), and 1v (red) via dual press of ‘Filter’ + ‘Input’ upon startup
Driver support: Driverless with Mac OS X and Linux, driver required for Windows OS\\
Country of manufacture: England
Chipset: Chord Electronics custom coded Xilinx Artix 7 (XC7A15T) FPGA
Pulse array: 10 element pulse array design
Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.2dB
Output stage: Class A
Output impedance: 0.025Ω
THD: <0.0001% 1kHz 3v RMS 300Ω
THD and noise at 3v RMS: 117dB at 1kHz 300ohms ‘A’ wighted (reference 2.5v)
Noise 2.6 uV ‘A’ weighted: No measurable noise floor modulation
Channel separation: 138dB at 1kHz 300Ω
Dimensions: 41mm (H) x 160mm (W) x 72mm (D)
Boxed Weight: 1500g
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.