• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Chromecast Audio

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

Record Player

Looking for a Chromecast Audio Device and something that is priced reasonably please. Intend to use this for Spotify streaming.

Bangalore pickup preferred considering the situation and can be Dunzoed. Please PM.

Many Thanks

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

Rud31

Lemme say what many others will reiterate here, CCA is going to be a hard find and probably overpriced. Get a Mi Box 4K and watch Darko's video on it on YouTube.

MaSh

They are always in Demand and getting one easily is very tough. It's better to look at alternate options. Media box as suggested above or a Chromecast HDMI version with an HDMI extractor device.

MaSh

Rud31

Quoting from the article;
Hooked up via USB, the Topping DAC’s orange display never deviates from 96kHz, effectively telling us that no matter what we stream into (or on) the Mi Box S, its Android TV OS code will upsample all USB output data to 96kHz prior to dispatch. Reporting on the Xiaomi’s TOSLINK output, the Chord Mojo’s sample rate light never changes: it’s always orange (48kHz). That means the Xiaomi’s TOSLINK output is locked to 48kHz. Again, more upsampling and a second farewell to MQA and its bit-perfect pre-requisite.
Read this;

krell

Available with box packing,I paid 5.5k,if interested let me know for the same price.
I purchased luminT1,hence not using.

shibashis

Lemme say what many others will reiterate here, CCA is going to be a hard find and probably overpriced. Get a Mi Box 4K and watch Darko's video on it on YouTube.
That is not a good solution, I tried it myself, albeit I connected my DAC to it via USB. What I found is that it upsamples everything to 96K, the result was a significant loss of cohesion and sound stage, everything felt compressed and lacking life. If you hear it in isolation you may think it is sounding alright but comparing the digital out of my NA8005 to the Mi Box, the difference was huge. Darko's solutions are generally trustworthy and I was surprised with the outcome. The output was inferior to such a degree that I did not bother researching any farther.

Rud31

Hmm, what DAC did you pair it with ? Nonetheless, Mi Box is supposed to be a Chromecast Alternative, a stop-gap solution at best till one can move up to more qualified streamer.

shibashis

Hmm, what DAC did you pair it with ? Nonetheless, Mi Box is supposed to be a Chromecast Alternative, a stop-gap solution at best till one can move up to more qualified streamer.
My DAC is the RME ADI2 FS which has quite good USB implementation. I will be using an old laptop to run Volumio and play through USB, lets see how that goes, it will be better than the MI Box I am sure, my regular work laptop running a ton of crap trounced the Mi Box. Perhaps the optical out of Mi will do better, I am yet to test that.

Rud31

My DAC is the RME ADI2 FS which has quite good USB implementation. I will be using an old laptop to run Volumio and play through USB, lets see how that goes, it will be better than the MI Box I am sure, my regular work laptop running a ton of crap trounced the Mi Box. Perhaps the optical out of Mi will do better, I am yet to test that.
Try running the laptop with charger plugged in, i.e. on Mains and on battery. Report your findings here in the interest of fellow forum members.
As for Optical on Mi Box, I believe you will be surprised with results from an Optical source, no matter the sampling rate, provided downstream units involved in the chain are good.

shibashis

Try running the laptop with charger plugged in, i.e. on Mains and on battery. Report your findings here in the interest of fellow forum members.
As for Optical on Mi Box, I believe you will be surprised with results from an Optical source, no matter the sampling rate, provided downstream units involved in the chain are good.
Yes, the optical out is worth a shot for sure. Time permitting I should be able to try the laptop Volumio config this week .

Record Player

Hoping for a Bangalore FM to have a Chromecast Audio to let go. Ive received offers however the FMs are not in Bangalore and shipping may take a while due to the current situation.

Thanks and stay safe !