Clarification :- Purchased Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video Receiver

Arularasu

Hi Friends,

Recently i have purchased Onkyo TX-NR626 receiver from Amazon.com

I have did initial setup successfully. Sounds Just amazing with Energy RC-Micro 5.1 Surround Speaker System.

My query is how can i connect my smartphone Samsung galaxy S2 into AV-receiver (Onkyo TX - NR626) it has MHL port. What kind of cable i should buy?
Whether i need to buy MHL Adapter or not need bcoz it has already MHL port.
Can anyone suggest me what kind of HDMI cable i should buy?

Thanks,
N. Arularasu.

Re: Clarification :- Purchased Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video Receive

You will need an HDMI cable which has Mini HDMI @ one end & regular HDMI port @ the other end....I think you should have received this cable as part of your accessory with your phone....

I have connected my Sony Xperia phone to my Onkyo AVR thru the front MHL port with the above mentioned cable...

Re: Clarification :- Purchased Onkyo TX-NR626 7.2-Channel Network Audio/Video Receive

So as per elangoas this is the cable > BlueRigger High Speed Mini HDMI to HDMI cable with: Amazon.in: Electronics
81elmf4CxKL._AA1500_.jpg

My galaxy s2 not having HDMI port option... any alternative?

You will need an HDMI cable which has Mini HDMI @ one end & regular HDMI port @ the other end....I think you should have received this cable as part of your accessory with your phone....

I have connected my Sony Xperia phone to my Onkyo AVR thru the front MHL port with the above mentioned cable...

There is no mini HDMI port in my galaxy s2. Any other alternative cable?

I have connected my Sony Xperia phone to my Onkyo AVR thru the front MHL port with the above mentioned cable

For the Galaxy S2, you'll need what Samsung called "HDTV" adapter like:

Buy Micro USB To Hdmi HDTV TV Out Mhl Cable Adapter Online | Best Prices in India: Rediff Shopping

To get HDMI output, you'll need to connect the micro USB power as well to this adapter.

ps. I have no connection with the link posted here. It is from the result of a google search.

This works fine. I have S2, also the adapter. Its Micro USB to a HDMI(Female) adapter so directly you can connect with an HDMI cable. For this you also need power adapter connected to this module, only then its works. A headache in this is you can use uninterrupted video only in Flight mode as change in mobile signal strength will make HDMI to disconnect and again handshake will happen.

I have original samsung ones. If you need I can give it for free, as I am not using it anymore.

get an MHL cable. it will have micro USB at one end and either HDMI out else HDMI coupler plug to attach normal HDMI cable

I have original samsung ones. If you need I can give it for free, as I am not using it anymore.
Let me know, are you still active in the Forum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back