Class A Made In India(Amplifiers)

talespin

Hi,

For last few years i have been looking for Power amplifiers but the one's i want are too costly and very heavy to Import.

If anyone knows can you please share any Class A amp that is Made in India
2 Channel power amplifier

Regards

Last edited:
Get one built by imported pcbs/kits. Buy premium grade components like caps, resistors etc from element14/rsdelivers/diyaydiocart. Take professional help to assemble all the stuffs togather. I think you can get a world class amp (without sacrificing sq) at an affordable price. :)

Akshay Jha from Mumbai was selling a Class A amp designed by him - I think it was the "Puriss".

cranky/sangram
builds some excellent class A's

Hes done my pass labs xa60 clone as well
i infact have a pending order for a 200w class AB as well

though i have built an F5 with Omishras help and i have access to pretty much most components
i trust this guy for my personal stuff now
this guy is well ...lets say knows his stuff and so do his partners

but just a heads up
if youre looking for a cheap alternative to foreign stuff
he may not be the guy for you

if youre looking for a "good" alternative
then yes
he would be the go to guy

hes a designer and a perfectionist ( actually sometimes to a point of irritatingly cranky as his nickname suggests)
his stuff i believe is world class ( finishing may not be international standard - obviously since we cant match the external finish of a mass manufactured item in India )

Last edited:
Get one built by imported pcbs/kits. Buy premium grade components like caps, resistors etc from element14/rsdelivers/diyaydiocart. Take professional help to assemble all the stuffs togather. I think you can get a world class amp (without sacrificing sq) at an affordable price. :)

I am willing to go this route.

I am willing to go this route.

Cool...please feel free to pm me. I am also up for my first class a. :)

One more thing. This is a CNO (Cost no object) route.

Btw...I also have a kit designed by omishra. But that is for a preamp.

I have high regards for Sangram as well. I haven't met him personally though. Heard a lot about him.

Last edited:
Cool...please feel free to pm me. I am also up for my first class a. :)

Btw...I also have a kit designed by omishra. But that is for a preamp.

I have high regards for Sangram as well. I haven't met him personally though. Heard a lot about him.

Cost matters to me :)

Cost matters to me :)

Please don't get me wrong. I didn't mean to offend anyone. The term 'CNO' is a jargon in hifi world. I just used it in generic sense. I said that without even knowing your budget. So silly of me. :p

Anyway, what budget you are looking at for this project?

Not offended at all.

I want to get is done in minimum cost with quality parts that perform well during actual use, since i don't know yet how much these components cost i don't want to set any budget yet.

Before setting a budget, need to understand how amp works, design considerations and what components goes in then will try to calculate cost. Since i want to do it myself(will get circuit from online) I'll probably go for small prototype first and scale it from there.

Have to check the cost of ready-made as well

Last edited:
Hi,

For last few years i have been looking for Power amplifiers but the one's i want are too costly and very heavy to Import.

If anyone knows can you please share any Class A amp that is Made in India
2 Channel power amplifier

Regards

any specific reason why you need Class A and not a good amplifier??? :)

I would recommend looking at second hand market.

Not offended at all.

I want to get is done in minimum cost with quality parts that perform well during actual use, since i don't know yet how much these components cost i don't want to set any budget yet.

Before setting a budget, need to understand how amp works, design considerations and what components goes in then will try to calculate cost. Since i want to do it myself(will get circuit from online) I'll probably go for small prototype first and scale it from there.

Have to check the cost of ready-made as well

What I've known so far...different types of amps (like most popular class a/ab/d) come with different sound signatures. It's just like multi cuisine restaurant. It's upto the end user what he or she likes...indian, thai or chinese :)

Sometimes a very good designed class ab may sound better than class a as well. I was very pleased when I listened to quad 306. It's class ab and it sounds superb.

I even know someone who sold his odessey amp (class ab) and settled with pass f5t (class a).

As budget is concerned, a good class a amp might take more than 60k to build.

any specific reason why you need Class A and not a good amplifier??? :)

I would recommend looking at second hand market.

What i have been reading is Class A amps are better though they are inefficient(power consumed vs power output) and heat generators.

Class A amps > Class AB > Class D

Lets just say i want to try it myself.

The biggest cost components in building a class A amp is the heat sinks, the rest of the cabinet, the transformer, then power supply capacitors. These will eat up the lion's share of your build budget.

In the What HiFi show in Bangalore a couple of months back, I heard the setup from Hyderabad based Invention Audio. Their setup (DAC/Amp/Speakers) sounded pretty good. You may want to contact them. Also try speaking to Kanwar of Zypher Labs or Sid (Sound by Design) in Gurgaon...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back