COLLECTING MOVIES, Is it a disease :-)

mandeep

Sometimes I do think ,collecting movies on dvd and now bluray is a bit sort of a disease after a while.. :)

This could be a fact with some of us, as the urge to own/buy/collect is very huge:).

The dream to build a huge library...........:licklips:

If I really wanted a movie it should be an easy decision, I find myself thinking of what movies to seek out to buy. I think what is needed is a sort of state of mind when buying a movie and you should ask yourself how many times you will actually watch the movie. But no, I made myself believe I needed it based on all the reviews and hype.

How many other people make movie buying hard on themselves for no apparent reason? Like we make ourselves believe that actually NEED to own something?

Sites like Amazon.in/Flipkart/snapdeal/Infibeam can make you restless and burn a hole in your pocket, with great deals one after the other...........So must say "Somebody stop me!"(The mask):lol:

Kindly share your experience.............

I only like to buy/ download movies which I love to watch. One of my fav genre is horror, so I don't mind collecting them. I don't buy blindly but definitely on the basis of reviews/ feedback/ imdb rating etc.

I am not much into the romantic genre, so no matter how good the movie is, I generally don't buy it.

Yes, very true that recently these online sellers (fk, amazon) would make you crazy with their craziest deals. I too have bought around 50 movies both dvd and bds in last 6 months, but I have given my best effort to watch them all. However, I have been able to watch only 30-35 of them till now. :D

Hello Dear RMCWS,

Within the past 2 months I placed 51 orders with amazon.in, 10-15 orders with flipkart , 5-6 with snapdeal, 6-7 with infibeam & may have collected roughly 65-70 Blurays and as many DVD's.

The problem :) with me is I'm open to all the Genres, I can watch any movie, hit or a flop and still end up enjoying the movie most of the times:eek:hyeah:

I think I'm among a rare breed of movie collector/watcher:)

I'm only collecting 3D Blu-rays for now. Not just any 3D movies, only which I liked in 2D version and read reviews of their 3D performance.

I've purchased 21 3D blu-rays in Nov-Dec '13 and hoping to order more once I get some money :D Thinking of collecting 2D blu-rays of classic movies now.

Collecting anything that you want to showcase or use is normally called HOBBY rather than disease. It is healthy practice. But nothing should be done blindly, specially if it's a hobby. You must be aware of what you are collecting and what not. You should be proud of what is in your possession. I must have bought more than 200 or so movies in last 1 year. But have not seen more than 50% of it for want of time and opportunity as I don't like to watch in Parts, which is the why I don't like the watching movies on TV as they gives so many breaks apart from most of the time the timing is not convenient. Anyway keep collecting, and avoid absurd prices. ;)

Great,

You are getting much time to watch Movies. Still i have many Music out without listening to them even at first note.

Collecting Movie is fine, But what would be purpose of it Until you watch them and justify your Purchase:)

I am Also a collector, but i have been with different disease. I would watch the Movies Online and if i like them, will ensure one Copy with me in few Days.

Even am a FAN of Horror Movies, But more into Psycho Thriller not something like SAW 1 to 6:lol:

When some movie Impres Me, in never fail to suggest the same to my friends group.

One of my Highly recommended Horror Movie was " Orphan":indifferent14:

>>Still i have many Music out without listening to them even at first note.
>>Collecting Movie is fine, But what would be purpose of it Until you watch them and justify your Purchase:)

This reminds me of my 40+ games backlog; purchased but no time to play. :(

I think its more of a shopping hobby; which causes such impulse buying. We buy stuff which we may not really need or perhaps will not be able to use. Happened to me; though I am on a pause now.

I'm only collecting 3D Blu-rays for now. Not just any 3D movies, only which I liked in 2D version and read reviews of their 3D performance.

I've purchased 21 3D blu-rays in Nov-Dec '13 and hoping to order more once I get some money :D Thinking of collecting 2D blu-rays of classic movies now.

Money/funds management is a another nightmare/issue, whenever there is a good deal its real hard to resist the temptation:lol:

Precisely!
I think most of us have only the shopping hobby but go on to criticize the ladies when they want to go shopping.

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:, true I think we are living in the time/period/age where most of us have expensive hobbies and saving money is not a hobby anymore:lol:

Saving money never comes to my mind when I am shopping for blurays, dvd's:lol:

Great,
+1
Orphan is a terrific movie. Everything from the setting, the house, the weather, the protagonists and finally the ending is terrific. Must watch.

Wow a thread just at the time when I needed. It is like I am talking with myself.

Yup, it is a shopping hobby I guess. As ladies no matter how much dress they have still buy them and find reason to buy them. For me it is bluray or gadgets. :( Spent almost 40k in blurays in last 6months. very bad because there are other priorities for me. Still what can i say it(movies) is a dangerous hobby.

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:, true I think we are living in the time/period/age where most of us have expensive hobbies and saving money is not a hobby anymore:lol:

At lest Woman, Justify their Purchase by using them them.

Moreover its became a pride to say "I have 100+ or 500+ Movies, to be in top of the friends group.
:eek:hyeah:

I have a friends as such, he has almost 2TB full of Movies and always say, I have any film and am not sure whether he had watched at least 5% what he have.

If we dig deep the Passion towards Movies or Music has reduced much compared to 80's:sad:, My dad use to spend hours and hours to pick song to get recorded in TDK cassette.

I am not passionate like Him anyways.

Now we have the doors open to bring anyting into the Home\collection just by a click. So we are not bothered about the feel of the Music or Movies.

If we strain a lot for something, then we never miss to utilize them.

Even am a FAN of Horror Movies, But more into Psycho Thriller not something like SAW 1 to 6:lol:

When some movie Impres Me, in never fail to suggest the same to my friends group.

+1
Orphan is a terrific movie. Everything from the setting, the house, the weather, the protagonists and finally the ending is terrific. Must watch.

Though Pyscho and SAW can come within the general genre of horror but they can further be classified. I believe Psycho, The Shining, Rosemary's Baby etc come into one category, while SAW, HOSTEL etc. comes in mostly the category of gore.

I haven't seen Orphan (English remake) but the original version rocks. I am also into Jap horrors/ Asian horrors too.

To be on topic, I generally don't buy movies blindly for the sake of collecting. My most favourite genre is horror (classic to gore) and I don't mind buying/ collecting them in either DVD or BDs. I have even got few really mediocre hindi horror DVDs too. And after a lot of search, I finally got the RAAT (Ramgopal Verma's) DVD at last.

But watching movies is a time consuming affair. Unlike music it needs a concentration of at least 2 hrs which I difficult to afford during weekdays. While I find it easier to enjoy music.

At lest Woman, Justify their Purchase by using them them.

Moreover its became a pride to say "I have 100+ or 500+ Movies, to be in top of the friends group.
:eek:hyeah:

I have a friends as such, he has almost 2TB full of Movies and always say, I have any film and am not sure whether he had watched at least 5% what he have.

If we dig deep the Passion towards Movies or Music has reduced much compared to 80's:sad:, My dad use to spend hours and hours to pick song to get recorded in TDK cassette.I am not passionate like Him anyways.

Now we have the doors open to bring anyting into the Home\collection just by a click. So we are not bothered about the feel of the Music or Movies.

If we strain a lot for something, then we never miss to utilize them.

You are very right dear, Now-a-days the content is readily available and in huge number in terms of Genre/Variety/Class, but we don't have time to digest/appreciate/learn/satisfy fully, we quickly move on and that is my real concern. In good old times movies used to run for months and years in theatres.

I bought ONLY those blu-rays which I LOVE & Has replay Value. I'm into horror genre so most of my blu-s are horror. In India, Horror movies are ALWAYS censored, Which I seriously hate !

Also TV Series blu-rays are which I'm Into !

ya that's very true :eek:hyeah: in the last 30 days I got 111 blurays my total jumped from 94 to 205 :licklips: & am proud of my collection but CC bill worries a little :D

Thanks for this thread, Purchased 50 BDs in this December and around 200 BDs in last 6 months. Sometimes I think that Am I doing wrong or right? But I know I am collecting these to enjoy now and for my future home theatre (120" Grand View). I imagine that VIEW to motivate myself. :eek:hyeah:

Anyways, There are many famous BD titles/box sets, which are almost in everyone's collection like:

Harry Potter
Fast and Furious
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Lord of the Rings
Terminator
Jurassic Park
Alien
Transformers
Mission Impossible
Men In Black
Spider Man
Starwars
X-Men
Iron Man
Die Hard
Toy Story
....many more and TV series.

So if we are collecting gems like these, we have to compromise with bank balance :lol:

I am an avid movie buff and love collecting. One could say its an OCD almost. I compulsively buy what I want to have. Wish I could watch them more though. Most remain even unopened for me.

I am an avid movie buff and love collecting. One could say its an OCD almost. I compulsively buy what I want to have. Wish I could watch them more though. Most remain even unopened for me.

:):), if you can share your OCD in detail with us it will be nice:eek:hyeah:

So, how much you have collected so far..........

I think we all collectors have OCD in us some little some more

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back