Comparing Denon AVRs

dhruvky94

Hi,

I am looking to purchase an AVR and trying to decide between Denon 1400H and 1600H. The primary differences I see are eARC (my tv doesn't support) and HDPC 2.3. Will HDPC 2.3 be that important for 4k HDR content? Will I have issues playing such videos? The price difference between the two is apx 20k so I will prefer to go with 1400H is I am not missing on a lot.

I feel the 1400 should suffice your needs for now till you next update the devices in the chain...

This link should help you

Hi....how long would be your upgrade cycle and what would be your 4k content source.

HDCP 2.3 (not HDPC) is a latest protocol for protecting 4k contents. Unless the content you wish to view is locked in HDCP 2.3, it can be watched in lower HDCP version (current standard 2.2). This would be true, say for a Bluray disc which has a protection of HDCP 2.3, then all components in your chain (Bluray player, avr and tv) requires hdcp2.3 compliance. Some components can receive HDCP 2.3 support via firmware support but it depends on the company.
If you watch only streaming content (Netflix, prime etc), then the HDCP 2.3 protocol dosent matter, as there is no copyright issue as you are playing legitimate contents.

If in future, you upgrade your TV with eARC, you may miss the feature, depending upon how you consume your media. If you use android box, shield or apple tv etc , eARC won't matter.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back