Competent Amplifier Repair Guy in Bangalore

pprabha

I have an old NAD Stereo amplifier (304) which has stopped working now. I think the power unit within the unit is blown since I saw smoke and burnt smell coming!

Any of u know of a competent repair guy in Bangalore - the model is discontinued for sure by NAD.

Thanks

I have an old NAD Stereo amplifier (304) which has stopped working now. I think the power unit within the unit is blown since I saw smoke and burnt smell coming!

Any of u know of a competent repair guy in Bangalore - the model is discontinued for sure by NAD.

Thanks

dont rush it. since it is burnt anyways, open it and see what it looks like. Take close up snaps so you know exactly what is replaced when it comes back from repairs. Take more than a week to decide whom to hand it over to. While you search for a repair guy, research about what kind of capacitor upgrades you can do to improve the SQ and do that as well.

Cheers

There are two guys in Bangalore who I think are competent to handle hifi.
One of them is ARN but I dont know whether they would accept equipments of brnds outside their stable for repair work.

There is another guy in Koramangala who is good. I will try to fetch his number and let you know.

Dr. Bass & gobble - thanx for your advice.

Do u have the number of ARN - will wait for the Kormangala guy number.

Edit: Actually got hold of ARN# - they asked me to contact their service centre on Nethaji Road - that is quite a distance from my house! - anyway, will try to go there. BTW, when I did talk to the service centre - they said that they cannot comment on the problem, they can only physically check it and receive the amplifier!

Last edited:
Maybe you can contact Lakozy to chk if they can help. They have local dealer now. You can send it to Mumbai through them, if Lakozy is ready to repair

Bumping this old thread, this morning switched on my PSW125 and the power light is coming on and going off in a split second, tried everything still no go, after every few seconds, it just does a blip and goes off, sub also makes a sound of recieving power and then goes off.

I feel there is an issue with the circuit board. The sub is over 3 years old and OOW now, please recommend any good repair guys who can fix the fault. i saw details of Hitech and lizzner. I stay in HSR so Hitech would be closer to check out. Are these the best guys currently in Bangalore or is there someone else i can try to fix the Polk Audio Sub.

Well, updating the status finally my PSW125 got fixed. Hitech had the same for over 3 months, but they were not able to fix the problem and said that they need some specific part which was not available. So i collected the sub back from them and headed to ProFX, within 15 minutes they fixed the sub by replacing the complete PCB. Total damage Rs 4500.
Part came with 3 months warranty. Let's see how it goes ...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back