Complete desktop setup under 40k

soumyajit92

Hello guys, please help me build a complete desktop setup under 40k strictly. Currently looking at missing lx3 mk ii + fosi bt30 or kali lp6 v2 or tannoy gold 5 for now. Please suggest if there are any better combinations for the money. I do have a ifi zen dac + zen can stack at home, so it'll be sweet if I can utilize them without buying any other extra device. The goal is to achieve the highest possible fidelity under 40k mark.

Last edited:
Hello guys, please help me build a complete desktop setup under 40k strictly. Currently looking at missing lx3 mk ii + fosi bt30 or kali lp6 v2 or tannoy gold 5 for now. Please suggest if there are any better combinations for the money. I do have a ifi zen dac + zen can stack at home, so it'll be sweet if I can utilize them without buying any other extra device. The goal is to achieve the highest possible fidelity under 40k mark.
This could be your answer, and they sound great.

When you add them to the cart you get a discount of 5k, effectively making the price 40k.

This could be your answer, and they sound great.

When you add them to the cart you get a discount of 5k, effectively making the price 40k.
already have 3030i pair at home .... ll probably look for something else, from youtube sound demo and a little bit of reading is making me tilt heavily towards the jbl 306p mk ii speakers.

1. You can look at Edifier/Sonodyne/Genelec actives. Your best shot.

3. For component solution, Norge Amp coupled with Mission QX2/LX2 or Whatfedale bookshelves. You can also look at cheap Chinese amps like topping, fosi audio. Allo volt D+ is another amp option.

Went with the JBL 306p mk ii. Will be hooking them up to my iFi zen stack once received. Ll there be a loss of quality when using a 3.5mm to dual 1/4 cable compared to dual rca output of the zen dac to dual 1/4 of the speakers?

Went with the JBL 306p mk ii. Will be hooking them up to my iFi zen stack once received. Ll there be a loss of quality when using a 3.5mm to dual 1/4 cable compared to dual rca output of the zen dac to dual 1/4 of the speakers?
Since you have the Zen DAC, use a proper pentaconn cable (4.4mm to XLR) to connect the Zen stack to the JBL and you'll be handsomely rewarded. It sounds noticeably better than RCA i.e. darker background which helps dynamics and instrument separation/dilineation.

I would also be remiss not to mention the GTO filter. It's a free firmware upgrade and you can roll back in case the sound doesn't suit your fancy.

Since you have the Zen DAC, use a proper pentaconn cable (4.4mm to XLR) to connect the Zen stack to the JBL and you'll be handsomely rewarded. It sounds noticeably better than RCA i.e. darker background which helps dynamics and instrument separation/dilineation.

I would also be remiss not to mention the GTO filter. It's a free firmware upgrade and you can roll back in case the sound doesn't suit your fancy.
hi, I already have the gto filter installed, ll make a custom 4.4mm to dual xlr cable made. Know a guy who can make it for me under 1500rs so that's that. But which output to take the 4.4 out from? zen dac or zen can? (both are connected by a 4.4 interconnect).

Also now I have another issue that I need to take care of, that is desk vibration .... isoacoustic stands are a bit expensive, any other alternative if anyone can recommend? Would a custom-made wooden stand work just to elevate it a little to cut down the reflection from the desk and the vibration of the low end?

hi, I already have the gto filter installed, ll make a custom 4.4mm to dual xlr cable made. Know a guy who can make it for me under 1500rs so that's that. But which output to take the 4.4 out from? zen dac or zen can? (both are connected by a 4.4 interconnect).
Connect the DAC directly to your amp/preamp/active speaker. Theoretically, using the headphones amp is not necessary, especially since the Zen DAC has volume control. However, to try it out for speed, you'll have to connect the Zen DAC to the Zen Can through a 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable (as opposed to 4.4mm to XLR).
Also now I have another issue that I need to take care of, that is desk vibration .... isoacoustic stands are a bit expensive, any other alternative if anyone can recommend? Would a custom-made wooden stand work just to elevate it a little to cut down the reflection from the desk and the vibration of the low end?
Use angled foam pads. There are Plenty available on Amazon and other websites for the specific purpose of keeping speakers on desks. Select whichever is the cheapest.

Avoid wooden stand/slab unless you have some buffer (again, such as foam) between (1) desk and wood stand/slab and (2) wood stand/slab and speaker.

However, to try it out for speed, you'll have to connect the Zen DAC to the Zen Can through a 4.4mm to 4.4mm cable
this is already in place .... my question was to use the dac as pre amp or the amp as pre amp?
Avoid wooden stand/slab unless you have some buffer (again, such as foam) between (1) desk and wood stand/slab and (2) wood stand/slab and speaker
probably going to get 40mm granite slabs with two layers of rubber padding - 1 between the desk and the slab and one between the slab and the speakers.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back