Complete Home Entertainment Solution for 200000

rohuja

Hi All,

---Apologies for the long post that follows-----

I am new to this forum and the world of home entertainment systems. Had a short tryst with low end Sony HTiB in 2007 but the DVD player had an untimely demise and it was rendered useless.
More recently my Samsung 40'' LED started giving me trouble so I have decided to revamp by living room experience.
I am a resident of New Delhi and the room in question is 'L' shaped where I would establish an experience area of 10x10.
My requirements -
1. 55 inch LED 4K TV - Open to experimenting with new Brands like VU, Cloudwalker etc if the quality is comparable
2. AVR - Shortlisted Denon x1400 and Yamaha RXV683 based on specifications and would finalize post auditions/ suggestions. The main considerations -
a. Allocation of 50-60k of my total budget
b. Zone 2 capability (I am thinking to putting a 5.1 setup in living room and 2.0 in the bedroom)
c. Denon and Yamaha seem the most popular choice in the forum with wide service network
d. Considering latest models for longevity
3. Speakers - I auditioned Taga Harmony 606 (not sure if it was SE or not) and found them impressive. As I don't have a benchmark, cant say how it compares with others. If I buy Taga Harmony 606 along with the Subwoofer it will fit my budget. BUT, I would like to consider an option of building the speakers over time and that where I need your help.

Please suggest the combination of FS + SW (i am sort of obsessed with Tower speakers) to consider starting up which I can build later. Also please let me know if center channel is absolutely required on day 1 or FS + SW can do good for 6-8 months. Please let me know options that I should go an audition for and also preferred locations.

Please feel free to allocate the 200K whichever way you deem fit! I am open to any suggestion.

I will use this to listen to music, watch TV (Tata Sky HD+), Stream Movies (Apple TV(itunes/ Netflix/ Amazon/ Hotstar)) with equal weight-age to movies and music.

Thanks!

Hi

With that budget, i am sure you can get something decent.....you may need to stretch the budget if a 55 inch LED TV is included....

Bottom line...what appeals to me may not appeal to you...key is audition and audition.....read the various threads..."What Should I buy" and even "Home Theatre"..here you will find ample information and guidance for those starting up with new systems...

You can purchase the AVR...make sure you buy it from the perspective of using all its features...no point going for an AVR when you will not use the features....

You can buy the fronts and center speakers...sub can be added as per budget availability and then surrounds....

NEVER reveal your actual budget to the Dealer.....there are many Dealers...go window shopping and decide what suits your expectations, performance, desired features and budget....

Dont Rush.....take ample time to review and decide...

May I suggest something ? You can build a very nice HT and Stereo system with your budget.

1. Instead of buying a LED, why not buy a projector ? You can get a decent projector for around 50K. If you want a good one, someone is selling his brand new BenQ and another new projector screen is available too.

Projector : http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/67693-brand-new-benq-w2000-3d-full-hd-projector.html

Screen : http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/67793-projector-screen.html

If you know someone coming from abroad, you can ask him / her to bring one. It's a different experience whatsoever.

2. For the HTS, new Yamaha YHT298 is available for the grab :lol : http://www.hifivision.com/sale-owner/67328-yamaha-yht-298-all-one-box-home-theater-system.html

If you want to go with the Taga, go with the 606SE. And hopefully, you won't need a sub for now. You can get either Yamaha or Denon receiver.

3. See how much your budget is left and then decide for the Stereo system. If your bedroom is not very big, I've auditioned the Dali Spektor 1 and they're amazing for 100-150 sq ft rooms. You can go with Nad or Marantz amplifier.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back