Concert - ZUBIN MEHTA & SOLOISTS JULIAN RACHLIN (VIOLIN) MIDORI (VIOLIN) - Sept, 2013

bhagwan

Mehli Mehta Music Foundation

:licklips:

My person has been in line from 2100 last night - yet has a token number 30.
I will 'relieve' him @ 0800 this morning.
This is for the tickets;

The Concert is scheduled to take place in Mumbai on the 9th & 10 of September, 2013

The Programme is :-

Monday, September 9, 2013

Overture III Leonore Op. 72 b Ludwig van Beethoven
Concerto for Trumpet & Orchestra
E flat major ( Soloist: Andreas ttl)
Joseph Haydn

Violin Concerto in D major Op. 35
(Soloist: Julian Rachlin)
Piotr I. Tchaikovsky

Interval

Symphony No. 5 C minor Op. 67
Ludwig van Beethoven

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Overture from Le Nozze di Figaro
Wolfgang A Mozart

Violin Concerto D major Op. 61
(Soloist: Midori)
Ludwig van Beethoven

Interval

Symphony No. 4 E minor Op. 98 Johannes Brahms

Box Office : NCPA, Nariman Point

I shall know - if I get any tickets & if so - where I will be 'seated' [rather important]

Fingers are x-ed...;)

Re: Concert - ZUBIN MEHTA & SOLOISTS JULIAN RACHLIN (VIOLIN) MIDORI (VIOLIN) - Sept,

You are lucky to be there in Mumbai.

Re: Concert - ZUBIN MEHTA & SOLOISTS JULIAN RACHLIN (VIOLIN) MIDORI (VIOLIN) - Sept,

You are lucky to be there in Mumbai.
Sir,
I shall consider myself 'lucky' if :-
a]
I get tickets
b]
Get a good seat in a 'preferred' location
Will know in a few hours - will be off to NCPA in 1 hour to get into the line;
Should know the result in 3 hours - I suppose.

The Brahms (Symphony No. 4) is one of my favourite pieces of work ever. As a young person it was always in the fantasy programme that I wanted to conduct....now as an older and wiser person I just listen to great interpretations, like Klieber's.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Tics Came - Thank God.
1st Day - Poor Seats.
2nd Day - Almost Perfect. Ideal Seat - Could have been 3 rows back - but am not complaining - excellent...

Hope it is a super concert - Looking forward to the 2 Violin Concerto's !! :licklips:

The Mehli Mehta Music Foundation is proud to present the BayerischesStaatsorchester (The Bavarian State Orchestra), with Maestro Zubin Mehta and acclaimed violin soloists, Julian Rachlin and Midori.

The BayerischesStaatsorchester, which recently celebrated its 200th anniversary, is the orchestra of the Bavarian State Opera in Munich, Germany. The orchestra has a long and impressive history and has been led by renowned conductors, which include Hans von Bulow, Richard Strauss and Bruno Walter. Maestro Mehta has been associated with the orchestra for more than a decade: initially as their General Music Director, and since 2006 as their Honorary Conductor.

Violinist Julian Rachlin's distinctively rich sound, superb musicianship and outstanding interpretations has captivated audiences around the world. Born in Lithuania in 1974, Julian achieved international acclaim by winning the "Young Musician of the Year" Award at the Eurovision Competition in Amsterdam. He went on to become the youngest soloist ever to play with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, making his debut under Riccardo Muti.

Midori was born in Japan in 1971 and began studying the violin with her mother from a very early age. Maestro Zubin Mehta first heard her play in 1982, and invited her to make her debut at the New York Philharmonic Orchestra's traditional New Year's Eve concert, where she received a standing ovation, and the impetus to launch a remarkable music career. Midori is recognized as an extraordinary performer, gifted educator and innovative community engagement activist.

Congratulations and best wishes for enjoying so much good music :D

So many decades in London and I wasted so much musical opportunity, both classical and rock. Somehow, though, it tended to be the Indian recitals that got me off my backside, putting my backside on a concert-hall seat.

Now I live with a surfeit of Indian classical (Southern, at least) music --- it would be good if something like this came to Chennai!

(If it does, I hope there will be telephone booking with choice of seats! :eek:)

Another lovely concert is scheduled on the 2nd.
Looking forward to it.
One of my favourite Indian Classical Artist is to perform - September seems to be a good month - music point of view...
Fingers are x-ed.

Hello All !

I have 1 spare ticket for this evening;
If someone would be interested, I will be @ the Venue @ 1800 hours.

Do let me know.

Thanks,

:)

Today is 'D' Day,
So looking forward to it - few hours from now...
Shall post - once I have attended - phase I
:clapping:

Back